• April 27, 2024, 10:00:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: how to configure camera to view over internet  (Read 13069 times)

weatheraardvark

• Level 1 Member
    • WeatherAardvark- Des Moines Iowa Weather
how to configure camera to view over internet
« on: July 25, 2012, 07:26:29 AM »

I would like  my DCS-932L  to be able to be viewed over the internet.  How would I go about doing that?

I am using dyn.com  for my foscams already.

Do I do port forwarding to my address I already have?   what needs to be done.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: how to configure camera to view over internet
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 07:43:11 AM »

Are you referring to using the mydlink website as a portal or configuring direct access to the camera via login to your home network?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

weatheraardvark

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 07:50:45 AM »

thank you fo responding so quickly.
I can view it on the Dlink site very well, but want to be able to view one camera , from the internet  via login in to my network.

I have an Actiontec Q1000  modem/router - got it with the DSL connection (I have a 40mbps  down and 5 up , so it is fast).   I have 2 Foscam FI8910W using open ports and they require me to use a managed DNS outsource.  I am using  dyn.com.

I want my daughter to be able to access the view of one of my cameras, the DCS 932 L  without being able to get into my settings.   I could disable the password function and manually enter it myself each time I needed to get into the camera, which would be easier, but wanted to know if there was an alternative way as well.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 08:10:01 AM »

I want my daughter to be able to access the view of one of my cameras, the DCS 932 L  without being able to get into my settings.   I could disable the password function and manually enter it myself each time I needed to get into the camera, which would be easier, but wanted to know if there was an alternative way as well.

If you log into web interface and navigate to "MAINTENANCE > Admin > ADD USER ACCOUNT", you should be able to create additional user accounts for direct access to the camera. These supplemental accounts will not have permission to access the administrative functions/settings.

I believe that newly created accounts will only have access to the "LIVE VIDEO" tab on the web interface. You can create an account and login to the web interface locally to test the permissions.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:14:16 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 08:35:35 AM »

Glad I could help.  Please post back and let us know how everything works out.

weatheraardvark

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:37:17 AM »

Must be the heat or I am getting denser by the moment.

OK.. I added her name and password.

Now how does she access the camera from her computer at home.   
Does she log in as me or does she have a generic page  or what?

I am not getting it.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 09:13:39 AM »

First, you need to forward the port (on your router) connected to the DCS-932L. Next, your daughter must enter the IP_ADDRESS:PORT# into a browser from her remote location. This step should open the web interface, which will look identical to the web interface you log into using your administrative account, except her access will be limited to viewing live video.

weatheraardvark

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 02:59:09 PM »

I do a port forwarding, lets say something like 8092, I can do that.
Then the IP address she would put into her computer
192.168.0.19:8092
then her user name
then her password
  that I have added to that camera?

OK.. if that flies, I'll go do the port forwarding for that IP address

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 04:40:12 AM »

Yes. One thing worth mentioning for others with minimal network experience, you have to use the IP address provided by your ISP coming into your home, not the router IP address.

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 11:49:58 AM »

We finally got port forwarding set up here. We set the camera [Setup / Network Setup / Port Settings / HTTP Port ] to 8031 for the first camera and 8032 for the second. (31 & 32 are the final digits of their Static IP Address).
    Our NetGear WNDR3700 router first needed to have its' [LAN Setup / Use Router as DHCP Server] range set to exclude the cameras' fixed IP addresses - an obscure clue found after web searching. Next we set [UPnP / Turn UPnP On] UNchecked; next, [Port Forwarding / Add Custom Service] where we set Cam1 for HTTP with 8031 in all boxes, and Cam2 HTTP with 8032 in all boxes, then Apply. Now, back to UPnP and turn it ON.
    But some questions remain -
    1. On the cameras [Setup / Network Setup / UPnP Settings / UPnP Port Forwarding], we've set one camera as Enable and the second on Disable. Looking at [Status / UPnP Port Forwarding], the first camera says "Port open success" while the second one says "Disable". However, both behave the same as far as I can tell. What is the proper setting (and why)? Oh - the 8032 pair does not show up in the router UPnP PortMap Table (3 entries for Cam1, 2 entries for Cam2).
    2. On the iPad in Safari, going to WANip:8031/video.cgi or WANip:8031/mjpeg.cgi gives live video. The picture is live, but the blue loading indicator only 90% fills the address bar. Also image.cgi gives information about the video stream, and image.jpg gets a still image. This all when logging in as admin or with the cameras' Guest login.
    3. Strangely, few other browsers I've tried on the iPad seems to work with the cameras' Guest login. Terra is one which works well. "Atomic Lite" also OK. In Chrome, WANip:8031/mjpeg.cgi gives a text page full of binary image data which locks up. "Browser" no go. "Opera Mini" only gets as far as authorization.