• April 27, 2024, 07:58:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-932L network connection, device webpage, and D-view Cam errors  (Read 58907 times)

webtech

• Level 1 Member

Purchased a new router and installed it. Camera is working fine over the network, I can even view online with mydlink from both within the network and outside the local network. However....

Once it was all set-up and restarted, the D-view Cam software simply displays "disconnected" and shows it's recording. I check the camera settings and it lists the old IP of the camera, so I changed the IP to the current IP of the camera. when I click OK it gives me an error that says it cannot connect to the network and to check the network settings. I downloaded and installed the most recent version of D-view cam, still the problem persists.

The new router is a dual band d-link router with two separate wireless networks running. I set the bigger faster one to work with the camera, but the camera defaults to the slower one automatically. I thought I could log in the devices webpage and change the connection settings to point it to the other wireless network. However, the device webpage (192.168.0.103:80) will not recognize the username and password I put in. Port forwarding for ports 80, 5160 and 5150 for the camera's IP is set up on the router as well.

My question is, how can I rest the password and username combo for the camera's device webpage (note: I have already reset the camera to default settings and re-installed it re-entering the same password as before so I don't have to remember a new one, this changed nothing, I still cannot log in to the device webpage). How can I update the firmware (if this is what is needed) without access to the device webpage? Is this what is causing the problem in d-view cam??

Thank you.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L network connection, device webpage, and D-view Cam errors
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 12:35:20 PM »

Were you ever able to login to the DCS-932L web interface? From what you describe, entering the IP address brings you to the User name / Password window.

The default credentials are:

• User name: admin
  • Password: [blank]

If these credentials do not work, you can perform a hard reset of the DCS-932L which will also revert your settings back to the factory defaults. To reset the camera, press and hold a paperclip in the RESET button on the rear of the DCS-932L for > 3 seconds while the camera is plugged in.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

webtech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 06:10:57 PM »

Yes, I was able to log in previously when it was connected with the previous router. I tried the hard reset and tried the default credentials, but only after doing the set-up wizard. Perhaps I should do another hard reset but then try configuring it using the web interface prior to using the set-up wizard?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 10:35:27 AM »

Yes, I was able to log in previously when it was connected with the previous router. I tried the hard reset and tried the default credentials, but only after doing the set-up wizard. Perhaps I should do another hard reset but then try configuring it using the web interface prior to using the set-up wizard?

Wiping the camera to the defaults using a paperclip (as I described below) followed by logging into the web interface prior to using the setup wizard should not cause any harm. Just keep in mind that the wizard is required to register your device with mydlink.

If you login to the device prior to using the wizard, you can also use this opportunity to update the firmware (if you choose to do so).

webtech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 10:53:11 AM »

*sigh* well that didn't work. I unplugged the camera for around 3 minutes. Uninstalled all D-link camera software from the PC. Restarted the PC, plugged the camera back in, held down the reset button for about 5 seconds until the light flashed then went out. The camera then started back up with a red light, then suddently after about 20 seconds the light was green. Is it auto-detecting the wireless network and installing itself?

I went back to the PC, it is now listed under the network devices (without me having done anything) and when I go to the device webpage it still will not allow me to log in with the default login credentials or any other ones I can think of.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 11:08:43 AM »

Were you using a paperclip in the pinhole on the rear of the camera or pressing the button on the back of the camera?

webtech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 12:06:14 PM »

Used a paperclip in the pinhole. The button on the back is for the wireless (WPS) and I didn't touch it.

webtech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 12:48:17 PM »

OK finally got it to work. I unplugged the thing again for a few minutes. PLugged it back in then held the reset button down for about 10 seconds. The lights flashed then went out. As soon as the red light came on again, I unplugged it. Let it sit a few minutes, plugged it in, and repeated that process a second time. After I plugged it back in again the light stayed red. I pressed the WPS and set the router to recognize the wireless device. I tried the device webpage with default settings and it worked. I configured the settigns there then ran the wizard, reinstalled the d-view cam, etc and all seems to be working well now. I think the camera didn't just have to be reset, it had to be shocked into resetting

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 03:07:11 PM »

Sounds like a defibrillator  :)

I strongly recommend saving a copy of the DCS-932L configuration file to your desktop. If you have to reconfigure the camera in the future, the configuration file can be uploaded to restore your user settings. The option for this is in the web interface.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 03:07:56 PM »

. . . . I think the camera didn't just have to be reset, it had to be shocked into resetting

Sounds like a defibrillator  :)

I strongly recommend saving a copy of the DCS-932L configuration file to your desktop. If you have to reconfigure the camera in the future, the configuration file can be uploaded to restore your user settings. The option for this is in the web interface.