• March 28, 2024, 09:31:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 5020L won't work with new ISP  (Read 3277 times)

CTJoe

• Level 1 Member
5020L won't work with new ISP
« on: January 11, 2017, 07:27:53 PM »

I recently had to switch from a DSL service because my home router broke and so I went to my cable TV company for high-speed  Internet service. I bought an Arris SBG6900-AC wireless cable modem and now, no matter what I try, I cannot get my 5020L cameras to work. I go through the setup wizard and it always leads to a dead end.It says it cannot locate the cameras if I wire everything up according to the directions. The only time it detects a camera is if I attach the Ethernet cable from the camera to my laptop instead of to the modem. But that eventually leads to other failures in later steps (like when it asks me whether I want a wifi network or a WPS network).  Is there something about my new modem or the cable Internet service that simply isn't compatible with these cameras? I called the tech help line and paid $40 but that got me nowhere. And the DLink email tech support doesn't seem to have a clue what's wrong. I think the WPS button may not work, but every other wireless device I have is working. I hate to throw out eight cameras.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: 5020L won't work with new ISP
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 09:41:03 PM »

But that eventually leads to other failures in later steps (like when it asks me whether I want a wifi network or a WPS network).  Is there something about my new modem or the cable Internet service that simply isn't compatible with these cameras?

You haven't specified where it doesn't work, so I'm assuming everything doesn't work.

So you have set up a 2.4 Ghz WiFi network?  It has a password?  You've set up the camera to use this 2.4 Ghz network?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 07:19:21 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What security modes are you using? AES is recommended.

Also try factory reset one camera and set up from scratch to see if it will connect.

Seen issues with ISP modems and with Arris branded modems/routers. You might want to get a external router like D-Links DIR series model router and connect the cameras to it.

I recently had to switch from a DSL service because my home router broke and so I went to my cable TV company for high-speed  Internet service. I bought an Arris SBG6900-AC wireless cable modem and now, no matter what I try, I cannot get my 5020L cameras to work. I go through the setup wizard and it always leads to a dead end.It says it cannot locate the cameras if I wire everything up according to the directions. The only time it detects a camera is if I attach the Ethernet cable from the camera to my laptop instead of to the modem. But that eventually leads to other failures in later steps (like when it asks me whether I want a wifi network or a WPS network).  Is there something about my new modem or the cable Internet service that simply isn't compatible with these cameras? I called the tech help line and paid $40 but that got me nowhere. And the DLink email tech support doesn't seem to have a clue what's wrong. I think the WPS button may not work, but every other wireless device I have is working. I hate to throw out eight cameras.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 08:05:16 PM by FurryNutz »
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 08:13:07 PM »

WPS may or may not work, but that's because WPS is lousy, not because the cameras and Arris gateway are fundamentally incompatible.  You main issue is discovering what IP address the gateway is assigning your camera.  If you have that, you can log into the camera directly and configure it.  Most gateways have an admin screen that will show what clients are connected to them, with the IP addresses assigned.  With a camera connected to the Arris via a cable, have you tried logging into the gateway and looking for such a screen?

Also, depending on how you had your cameras configured on your old network, you may need use the hardware reset button on them to wipe them back to default settings in order to set them up again properly.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 06:49:59 AM »

Any status on this?  ???

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.