• April 24, 2024, 02:08:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dead 323 and upgrade to 320L  (Read 2780 times)

bsimser

• Level 1 Member
Dead 323 and upgrade to 320L
« on: May 25, 2015, 06:40:11 PM »

Hi guys,

I've been running a 323 with 2x1TB drives in RAID1 for some years now with no issues. I haven't been able to connect to the drive but was able to get to the web interface so I know it was running. Didn't see anything in the logs but the firmware was from 2008 so I upgraded it to the latest (1.10) and restarted it. I've upgraded all my PCs to Windows 10 so figured the upgraded firmware would be sensible (not to mention it was years out of date).

The system came back but now shows one of the drives failing. I didn't know what else to do so I just issued a shutdown from the web interface. It was a little warm (although I noted after the firmware upgrade and reboot the temperature on the status was less than it was before the upgrade) so i unplugged it. Now it won't start back up, as if the power supply is dead or something.

In any case, I've been looking at moving to the 320L as it looks like a nice unit and has a backup feature that we're looking for (as we're unhappy with our current backup provider).

So a couple of questions for the experts. Would I be able to just plug my drives into the 320L and run the system that way without any issues about having to worry about reformating or losing my data? If not, I have a 4TB I can easily copy the 1TB drive to and wipe the drives to use them in the 320L (assuming they're both working) so how do I go about getting my data off the old 1TB drive (and if one of them is corrupted while it was in the 323 [maybe say during the upgrade] how do I know which one is good or not (without being able to boot the 323 now).

Thanks. Hope someone can help.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Dead 323 and upgrade to 320L
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 06:34:38 AM »

Unfortunately, HDDs formatted in the DNS-323 is not compatible with the DNS-320L, so the data will have to be copied from one device to the other.
If the DNS-323 isn't working, please see the following post: DNS-323 - Data Recovery (Windows PCs)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

bsimser

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 08:41:55 PM »

Thanks. Picked up a dock and a copy of R-Studio to copy the data off. Other than taking forever, data is good. System works like a charm!

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 05:09:18 AM »

I'm glad everything worked out for you! ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC