• March 28, 2024, 02:01:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Can't associate 2 cams with the same myDlink account  (Read 50746 times)

santhy

• Level 2 Member
Can't associate 2 cams with the same myDlink account
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:58:27 PM »

Hi,
I have two DCS-932L and I am just trying to add them both to the same myDlink account.

Both camera are setup and work fine on both wired and wireless.

• When I try to use wizard 1.0.1.1005 to associate the cams to my myDlink, it only allows me to do so if I create a new myDlink account.
    Whenever I try to associate to an existing account, the wizard replies "username or pwd are incorrect".
    I know for sure that they are correct as I can login to myDlink using the same credentials.
    The wizard does this with whatever email address I use to setup the mydlink account.
  • When I try to use wizard 1.0.1.1420 to associate the cams, it just doesnt work, as the wizard does not allow me to start the setup process at all. It says at the very first stage "No network detection detected".
    Again, I know for sure I am connected as I can send this message and the previous version of the wizard does connect.

Note that in both case I have tried doing all the following on BOTH win XP and win 7:
- reset each cam to factory default
- win firewall de-activated
- UAC deactivated
- antivirus deactivated
- router firewall deactivated
- NAT all cleared on the router
- both cams run the mast firmware 1.02 build 3

I have been in contact with Dlink support since 28Dec, but still no luck.

I am losing hope, I know that both cameras are working very well, and I would just want to be able to associate them to the same mydlink account. Having to log out and change login on my iPad usin myDlink Lite is just a PAIN!

Appreciate any help you could bring folks!

Thanks,
S.

santhy

• Level 2 Member
Re: Can't associate 2 cams with the same myDlink account
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:05:26 PM »

just tried with wizard 1.0.1.1015 (the one for china) and got the same not network connection detected error (or at least it looks like it!   :-\ )

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 05:41:00 AM »

See if the following procedure works:

(1) Register DCS-932L #1
(2) Physically disconnect DCS-932L #1 from your LAN
(3) Register DCS-932L #2
(4) Physically reconnect DCS-932L #1 on your LAN

Sometimes the Wizard gets confused if it sees more than one camera at a time during the registration process.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

santhy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:30:20 PM »

Yep tried that, whenever I was attempting to register the second cam, I had the fist one disconnected.
I only have one network cable available... :-)

And to reply to your other post, yes I managed to register both cameras with mydlink (to separate accounts), so I know that nothing prevents the actual registration.

S.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 02:04:28 PM »

Are both cameras listed in mydlink but only one works? OR
Is only one camera is listed on mydlink?

santhy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 02:59:42 PM »

Both cameras can individually be registered with myDlink but on 2 different accounts.
The issue is really that I can't register them both on the same myDlink account.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 06:50:15 PM »

You should be able to register both cameras on the same account.

Did you ever register the problematic DCS-932L with mydlink? If the answer is "no", did you purchase the camera as new or refurbished? There are instances where prior owners of a used camera registered with mydlink and the camera needs to be removed from mydlink and re-registered under the new owner.

santhy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 03:44:48 PM »

Hi,
yes both cameras can be reigstered to mydlink, but only on different accounts.
I can register them to any account I create, but whenever I try to register one of the cameras to the other camera's account, that fails.

So issue is not with the camera but with mydlink or the wizard which erros when I try to register the second camera to an existing account.
S.

Onesimusix

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 05:06:33 AM »

I am having the exact same issue. I have 2 DCS-932L cameras but I can only associate 1 camera with my account... I can associate the other with a different account with no problems but not the same account as the existing camera. Every time it simply gives me the "Please make sure you enter your email address and password correctly" feedback at the last stage of the wizard.

Why is there no way to manually add the camera from within MyDlink?

I am very frustrated by this! I am using the most recent wizard and firmwares... and I have tried wired and wireless, using a different router, port forwarding, static ip's, DCHP and UPnP options...

Has a resolution to this problem been found?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:23:26 AM by Onesimusix »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 05:56:32 AM »

I've been looking around for a resolution to this issue, and have yet to come across any new information that I haven't already suggested. You may want to try calling the toll free technical support, which should not be that long a wait so long as your device is still under warranty. If you choose to go this route, please post your results here (if they tell you something we don't already know). I realize this isn't the answer you were looking for, but it's the best I have to offer for the moment.

I agree that there should be an alternate way to add a camera other than using the Wizard. I presume the ability to add a device from within mydlink doesn't exist for security purposes. The absence of this functionality prevents hackers from creating a mydlink account and hijacking cameras. However, there should be a way to add a camera to mydlink from within the DCS-XXX web interface (as a push to mydlink).

Onesimusix

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 06:45:08 AM »

I have gone through the first level of tech support and they told me that I would receive a call from level 2 sometime tomorrow... Hopefully that is true and even more I hope they have a solution.

I'll let you know how things go but I am feeling pretty pessimistic at the moment.  :'(

Onesimusix

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 02:52:13 PM »

Tech support was utterly hopeless... They didn't do anything at all the rectify the situation. They have told me that it is the fault of my custom firmware on the modem and that because the camera's normally work fine they assume the fault is with mine end. They didn't actually do anything.

I could understand this if either of the cameras were not accessible from the internet or something but everything seems to be working fine expect for adding a second camera to myDlink...

I will go to a mates house and set everything up there with a new modem and ring them again.

:'(

santhy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 09:50:50 AM »

Same here,
last suggestion from the support team was that I try from a different computer.
But I have already told them that I have tried from 3 different sets with either XP or win 7, with UAC, firewall and antivirus completely disabled...

Not sure what to do now...

santhy

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 10:07:28 AM »

actually, i just installed iCam Viewer on my ipad... and surprise, I can see both cameras without any problem!

I am not connecting from my lan, it all goes through my router...

It is just too bad I can not do this with the actual DLink product!  (I still prefer the look and feel of myDlink...)

S.

mhall

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 01:47:20 PM »

Hi, I'm not sure you got it working, but I had some trouble adding two DSC932L camera's to myDlink account having one camera already DSC930L. 
What I noticed is that once the wizard (take the disc for the 932, the disc vor 930 did not recognise the other cams) started, no other cam's connected, that the ip address was wrong. As I am on a different subnet than the standard 198.162.0.xxx, I noticed it defaulted to the .0.xxx   . Hitting the refresh or scan again, can't remember, it showed up with the right IP.  As I had been fiddling for an hour I choose the option to use the cable connection. And voila it worked, the second cam was added to myDlink.com account.
I then choose the wizard again to add the camera without account (2nd option), it came with a warning that the cam could not make a connection to the internet, just skipped and after a while it was converted to use wifi. Repeated the above procedure for the third cam. I am not sure if it would add the cam with the wifi option during the first wizard run, as I did not notice the wrong ip the first few times.
I couldn't be bothered trying.

Two more things to watch : 1) not sure if necessary but I started the Wizard with admin rights, right click on the install file, run as admin.
2) my router was behind another switch, the notes state somewhere the connection must be made directly to the first router. This was probably also the cause for the delayed IP reservation (DHCP).

Hope it will help someone in near future.

PC used to install Windows 7 64bit.

gr M
I do hope it helps someone as I was nearly ready packing all three cams up to ask for my money back.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4