• March 28, 2024, 05:48:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA 525 slow speed.  (Read 37452 times)

rockemsockem55

• Level 1 Member
DWA 525 slow speed.
« on: June 09, 2010, 09:11:04 PM »

yes i know its in the wrong forum but it was the closest one too 525 cos i couldnt find a 525. Anyway.
I have a DWA 525 and im connected wirelessly to my router (netgear router) but my internet speed is minimal! and sometimes not even there. it says im connected too the internet but no webpages load or nothing and when it does work its so slow it cant load more then 1 pag b4 almost disappearing again. Please help =( i brought it yesterday its installed fine and workign accordign too device manager. I just want the internet to start working properly so i can go online. life w/o net sucks. Any help much appreciated.

joronos

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWA 525 slow speed.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »

Not sure if you resolved this issue, but I'm having a similar problem with the D-Link DWA-525. Downloading files does not seem to work - tried various browsers. For example downloading tversity.exe 9mb from their website using google chrome or internet explorer, was going about 500 bytes/sec.

Yet google searching was fine. I switched to CAT5e and it downloaded it in a couple seconds. Switched back to DWA-525 and the file downloads are broken again.

Not sure if it's D-Link or Windows 7. I initially thought virus scanner but I uninstalled it and that didn't help.

Oh well.

mallen2010

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »

Verified problem also affects
XPSP3 32
XP 64 Bit Edition

I tested both configurations (clean install) tonight and no change

Symptoms:
Can surf websites, email just fine
However, download transfers either don't start or are extremely slow--can't download from windows update either (download freezes or goes very slow--never finishes)

All of my browser tabs show a constant busy sign (firefox 3.6.12) -- seems to indicate transfers are not completing to 100% on all tabs

I am connected to a 3800HGV-B AT&T router in b/g mode (there is no "N" mode) and have no problems downloading files from other sites, etc on 3 other wireless systems in the house (which are not all on at the same time)

rgalerani

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 05:57:28 AM »

Iīm having exactly the same problem that you guys have.

I can surf normally but i just canīt download anything.

Waiting solution! Thx

Lanceiro

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »

Same problem with me.
I have spent 1 hour with Dlink support and nothing.
I changed the card and i have the same problem.
Whats happen with Dlink...
And, why we havent a topic for DWA-525...
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

misho82

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 02:15:23 PM »

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Same problem here (Windows 7 64 bit fresh installation)
latest drivers from dlink
and no Anti-Virus

Downloads are stuck at 99% but browsing is fine.
Kindly help
Thanks

mtucker

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 10:35:16 AM »

Glad to see I am not the only one.  Computer and internet were working fine on Windows XP.  I did a fresh install of Windows 7 (32 bit Home) and replaced my OLD network adapter card with the DWA-525.  Slow google/gmail, but it works kind of.  If I try to download a file, nothing happens.  No anti-virus installed yet. 

I then replaced my Netgear router with a D-link DIR-655 router.  Same problem.  I have tried switching channels, turning off security on the router, turned of router QoS, and turned off Windows firewall.  If I bring a laptop or iPhone next to this computer their internet connections works fine.  I downloaded the drivers direct from Dlink and reinstalled them. Nothing.  If I string out a CAT5e cable, then internet is great. 

I am going to uninstall the DWA-525 (software and physically) and try a USB network adapter to see if I get my internet back on that computer. 

codejoy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 04:36:17 PM »

I don't usually post on technical issue forums, but I have the same exact problem.  I can ping www.google.com from a netbook right next to me and get 30-60ms and i ping on the computer with wireless dlink windows 7 64bit and i get ping times in the 400-800 or more ms.  Its all over the place... this is irritating, I spent good money on this card.