• April 24, 2024, 11:46:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: No device is showing during installation  (Read 4023 times)

Spurious

• Level 1 Member
No device is showing during installation
« on: January 27, 2013, 05:26:00 AM »

When I run the ShareCenter Setup Wizard, no device is shown in step 2. The ShareCenter is attached directly with the UTP cable to the computer, all blue lights are burning, checked firewall, etc.

I try differtent options, such as new UTP cable, attaching it to my DLink router, shut down firewall, etc. but nothing works. Also I try to install it on 3 different computers (Windows and Mac) but is wont work.

Is the ShareCenter broken?

Please can somebody help me.

Thanks in advance  :)

sbrbot

• Level 2 Member
Re: No device is showing during installation
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:04:11 AM »

You cannot connect ShareCenter and computer directly with normal UTP cable like you cannot connect two computers that way. Generally, you could connect them directly if you used cross-over cable, otherwise you have to connect them over router or hub/switch. I had the similar situation, but the hack was in internal Windows firewall. I was sure that it was disabled but it wasn't.

steph31

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »

hi, i have the same problem. i connect dns 320l on my lan and i can join it directly from my pc on the web admin interface. But imossoble to detect the device with the setup wizard to register it. i try to reset it but it's the same. My setup wizard run in a win xp virtal machin on dropbox on mu ubuntu host, but i do't think it is the cause of the problem.
I don't no how debug this.. i bought the L version to have the cloud function but imossible to use that without registered.
An idea ??

Thanks.

Steve

Manul

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 03:15:56 AM »

@steph31:
Are you sure it's not an issue with the networking setup for your virtual machine? Can you connect to the NAS's web interface from a browser running inside that same virtual machine?

steph31

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 09:42:42 AM »

yes, i can connect to the web interface inside VM.
I m going to try to upgarde firmware and test...

steph31

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 02:45:22 AM »

Hi,
so, i upgrade firmware but nothing better, i can't find my nas witch xp Vbox VM under ubuntu.
I run setup on a mini pc with seven and it's ok now. Cool.
Best regards.