• April 25, 2024, 09:33:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Register mydlink account without formatting drives  (Read 4197 times)

Pottsy

• Level 1 Member
Register mydlink account without formatting drives
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »

Hi all. The install wizard failed to ask me the first time I ran it regarding mydlink account. Now I have set everything else up including about 4TB of data across 2 x 3TB drives if I run the install again it wants to format the drives before I can register. Is there a way around this?  It takes days to move all that data around!!!

vpz

• Level 1 Member
Re: Register mydlink account without formatting drives
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:38:58 PM »

Hi ! I have exactly the same problem. Is there any souliton?
I would like to register my nas to mydlink to access full feature. It is not possible to register without hdd??
I tried but nothing happend. With hdd it requires formatting which i dont want to do because i have cc 500MB data to be lost if i choose this way..

garnacho

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 04:08:47 AM »

Download the last install wizard. It gives you the option to skip the formatting process.

Hope this help.

T-quila

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 07:05:57 AM »

for all who got the same question as me:
Will this help to solve the problem?

YES the new Setup Wizard gives you the possibility to skip some steps e.g. formatting the harddrives.

It would be nice to report the solution to the question or problem. Don't write things like: "YES I solved it. Thanks to all." (Without describing HOW it was solved...)

littlemole

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 10:37:55 AM »

Hello,

Where can I find this new setup wizzard?

thx