• March 29, 2024, 02:31:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is there any VPN functionality on the 320L and remote (offsite) sync ability?  (Read 1901 times)

beansontoast

• Level 1 Member

Hi Everyone,

I am looking into buying one of these devices.

One thing I was hoping to use was VPN. Another is its ability to remotely sync folders (across a WAN or internet even).

Reason being, I want to join to a remote domain, map a share to that remote network, and allow the remote network to write to the share.

Alternatively, I was wondering what kind if functionality this device has for a remote file-synch of some kind.

Basically, the bottom line is that I want to use the D-Link as my own personal cloud storage, but it has to be remote. Not too interested in local backup as I already have that covered.

It would be good to hear from anyone out there who knows a bit about this device.
I did have a look at the manual but could not see any signs of VPN.

Over to you ...

cable2

• Level 3 Member

Hi,
You might get better results posting this here.  http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?board=347.0
Dlink's logic is a bit counter intuitive about the placement of the newest NAS devices.  The moderator often catches this and moves the thread.  Too bad it is impossible to just list the new devices in the index next to the older ones with a link to the new location.  You could have both listed but I guess that is impossible too.