• March 28, 2024, 09:57:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-8300LVH Will not connect to wifi  (Read 7184 times)

gamartin

• Level 1 Member
DCS-8300LVH Will not connect to wifi
« on: March 25, 2019, 12:40:42 PM »

I have a new DCS-8300lvh camera that is refusing to talk to my wifi at my business. I have a Cable One business class modem with Wifi that I have tried connecting to with no luck. Also have a new linksys ea6350 router that I turned on the wifi in it and tried to connect to it with no luck. The install times out every time about 3/4 into the connection to the wifi. Took this camera home and it connected right up to the wifi at home, so I know my phone and camera are both talking ok. Any input is appreciated.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS-8300LVH Will not connect to wifi
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 01:45:06 PM »

When setting it up from work, is the device you are running the app on also connected via WiFi to that router?

Are there any firewall settings or ports/services being blocked? The camera needs Internet connectivity to communicate with the mydlink servers to setup.

On the app during setup, where does it fail? It will go through wireless setup, and then binding. If it fails during WiFi setup, in most cases the WiFi password is wrong. Make sure you type it exactly (case-sensitive). Also are there any special characters or spaces used in the password (+@#$%^) etc?

What is the EXACT error message?

Does the LED on the camera ever turn green?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 01:46:39 PM by GreenBay42 »