• April 19, 2024, 05:22:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: XBOX and PS3 wont see files?  (Read 3167 times)

KOTULCN

• Level 1 Member
XBOX and PS3 wont see files?
« on: December 20, 2009, 07:57:41 AM »

This is my setup:

Router: Linksys Wrt310N

Hard Wired:

2 Laptops/1 Desktop
DNS-323 (using the latest beta FW)

Wireless:

PS3
XBOX 360

I can stream media just fine from my laptop to both consoles but when I try and view the files with my 323 it says no videos found (on 360) and DLNA error 2114 on my PS3. Can someone please help me configure this. I have read everything out there on Google and in the forum but nothing is helping my issue. Please

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: XBOX and PS3 wont see files?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »

What firmware are you running and does the UPnP AV media server successfully refresh?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

catchlite

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 06:58:23 AM »

hi,

im assuming you have the av server (advanced -> upnp av server) enabled on your dns323.
make sure you click on the refresh button within this page. this will manually refresh the files, may take awhile depending on the number and size of files in your selected folder - im using the root as my folder for av stuff.

no idea how to set up the xbox but the ps3 is straight forward. in the settings, you need to enable media streaming/server. cant remember off the top of my head right now, but there is an option in the ps3 xmb settings to switch this to enabled. once that is enabled, you should see the dns323 or click search for media servers.

if you have already done that, and still having troubles then i suspect it is something to do with your network configuration. i tend to get dlna errors all the time on the ps3 but it rarely affects playback of files.

KOTULCN

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 03:52:38 PM »

hi,

im assuming you have the av server (advanced -> upnp av server) enabled on your dns323.
make sure you click on the refresh button within this page. this will manually refresh the files, may take awhile depending on the number and size of files in your selected folder - im using the root as my folder for av stuff.

no idea how to set up the xbox but the ps3 is straight forward. in the settings, you need to enable media streaming/server. cant remember off the top of my head right now, but there is an option in the ps3 xmb settings to switch this to enabled. once that is enabled, you should see the dns323 or click search for media servers.

if you have already done that, and still having troubles then i suspect it is something to do with your network configuration. i tend to get dlna errors all the time on the ps3 but it rarely affects playback of files.

I am running the 1.08 beta firmware. I have all of that done - both my PS3 and 360 see the NAS but neither will let me see any of my files! What are the JUMBO settings needed and ports that may need to be open?

hilaireg

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »

Posted a quick test to try in this thread:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=9841.0

HTH,