• March 28, 2024, 04:28:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: New firmware for DCS-930 available --- but ...  (Read 8956 times)

francobarber

• Level 1 Member
New firmware for DCS-930 available --- but ...
« on: April 13, 2011, 07:18:48 AM »

I noticed today that there's a new firmware version available for the DCS-930L at http://mydlink.com/download.
The web page still says v1.00 but if you click through the file you get is now v102_build3 instead of what was previously v100_build9.

I downloaded and installed it.
The upload process aborted once and I had to repeat it.
On the 2nd try, it worked better, took a long time to complete (something on the order of 5 minutes), and at the end my DCS-930L is now running firmware version 1.02 (2010-12-20)   ((Used to be 1.00 with a date from August 2010)).

So far I've only noticed one difference:  the entire user interface of the web cam is now in French, and I can't find any menu or setting to change it to English.

Franco

francobarber

• Level 1 Member
Re: New firmware for DCS-930 available --- but ...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 07:31:16 AM »

Follow up to myself.
Restarted the web cam and now the user interface is back to English.
Still don't see any way to change it, so I don't know how it got set to French, and I don't know how one would set it to any given language.  Maybe it's something you can do with the Setup program from the CD.
Franco

TD99

• Level 2 Member
Re: New firmware for DCS-930 available --- but ...
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 11:18:18 AM »

Good find. I just downloaded it and see that once unzipped, it's a 4MB .bin file. But there's no documentation, so I wonder what's new/fixed in this release. I can't believe the number of inconsistencies and lack of completeness there is on D-Link's various sites. Who doesn't include Release Notes with new versions of software/firmware!?