• April 23, 2024, 02:50:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Just bought a DSM-510, can you advise me please?  (Read 8116 times)

Pump Engineer

• Level 1 Member
Just bought a DSM-510, can you advise me please?
« on: January 01, 2010, 06:25:22 PM »

I just picked up a DSM-510 for the express purpose of sending a hi-def video & audio signals to my HDTV so I can watch TV shows being streamed to my computer simultaneously on my HDTV.  After reading through the manual, I'm not quite sure this device is capable of doing that.  Can anybody out there let me know if you typically do this?  I realize this is pretty basic stuff to many of you, but I'd appreciate any feedback you might provide.  Thanks for your time.

??? 

Ozzed5

• Level 1 Member
  • Hrrp://ozzed.net
Re: Just bought a DSM-510, can you advise me please?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 11:06:05 AM »

Sorry, I can't help, but welcome to the D-Link forums.   ::)

Pump Engineer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 08:03:27 PM »

Skitsnak... I appreciate the words of welcome.

I hope somebody here can give me some technical advice.

manusz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 01:00:10 PM »

This device recieves the streams from your PC so you can watch them on your TV. Wirelessly, It works quite well in 720p, but for Full HD (1080p) 802.11G bandwith is not enough. Furthermore, since It canīt decode MKV It will give you some trouble to watch HD content (because It must be re encoded)

Pump Engineer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 08:21:56 PM »

Thanks for your posting.  I understand how to watch and listen to files on my HDTV that are saved on my computer but I can't figure out how to send things to my HDTV (through my LAN or WiFi) that are being streamed from the internet onto my PC.  Can you explain how I can do that?

manusz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 06:31:51 AM »

Have u Tried Tversity? It's unclear your problem, but I think that with Tversity, you might solve it.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 01:36:45 PM »

The DSM-510 does not have the ability to access online content to do this you will need to run a media server running on your PC that provides access to online content. Check out Tversity, Playon, or Orb are a few I can think of off hand.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

DSM-User-MW

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »

Hopefully Dlink will come out with expansive support thru firmware for this product as they have been evolving with 750! I do see new firmware for 750....I assume that one for 510 is coming soon....hope this product and its support is not phased out, leaving bitterness with customers who bought it recently. Playon, Tversity and WMP are few options.... as Dlink media server, it seems, never got developed for Upnp services and as robust as Dlink wireless routers.

Pump Engineer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 04:57:54 PM »

Really disappointed that this device doesn't do what I purchased it for.  I guess I'll put it up for sale on ebay.  This experience has made me really shy of D-Link.  I don't think I'll ever consider anything made by D-LInk again.  Good bye everybody!  :'(

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 04:28:06 PM »

Really disappointed that this device doesn't do what I purchased it for.  I guess I'll put it up for sale on ebay.  This experience has made me really shy of D-Link.  I don't think I'll ever consider anything made by D-LInk again.  Good bye everybody!  :'(

What is it that its claims to do upon purchase that it does not do?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream