• April 24, 2024, 03:08:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Bridging a specific AP when multiple are available.  (Read 2557 times)

wuyingjie

• Level 1 Member
Bridging a specific AP when multiple are available.
« on: August 03, 2010, 03:38:22 PM »

I live in a townhouse/condo community that has multiple AP's broadcasting the the same SSID.  I was given the DAP-1522 to bridge the wireless network to feed my personal network.  The bridge is able to see and connect to the SSID, but seems to seems to jump back and forth between various AP's.  For example, it will be connected to the AP with mac address ending in 4c:89 and moments later will connect to a different AP, and back again. Is there any way to specify a specific AP by mac address? I have tried to put the AP's mac address in the SSID field, but then it will not connect at all.  Any advice would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 01:46:27 PM by wuyingjie »

Pamela_TS

• Level 1 Member
Re: Bridging a specific AP when multiple are available.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:20:46 AM »

I live in a townhouse/condo community that has multiple AP's broadcasting the the same SSID.

Multiple AP's with same SSID is an invitation to problems

Is there any way to specify a specific AP by mac address? I have tried to put the AP's mac address in the SSID field, but then it will not connect at all.  Any advice would be appreciated.

MAC Address NO, UNIQUE SSID YES!
SpeedStream 4100/DIR-825b fw2.03NA/DAP-1522 (a1) fw1.21 (2 bridge)