• March 28, 2024, 03:50:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Use multiple DIR-825 routers to increase the range of a wireless network?  (Read 3068 times)

theboyk

• Level 2 Member

Right now my wireless network is built around a number of older Linksys wireless g routers. Each router is individually hardwired into the gigabit network with a dedicated cat5e cable at different locations throughout the space (basically, when I determined an area with poor coverage, I installed a new router in that location to "boost" the signal in that area). Each router is configured with identical settings for SSID, encryption method and encryption key. This has created the coverage of the wireless network to encompass the entire space, appear as a single access point, and allow users to seamlessly roam without dropping their connection. Would I be able to do the same thing with a number of DIR-825 routers? Or would other D-Link products, used with a single DIR-825 be a better solution? Basically, just need to way to be able to extend the coverage of the dual-band wireless network.

I don't use any of the "router" functions (DNS, DHCP, etc.) of these devices as my main router handles all of this, I just need these devices for wireless connections.

Thanks,
Kristin.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:12:49 AM by theboyk »