• March 28, 2024, 09:40:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DNR-322L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 54783 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DNR-322L - Firmware Wishlist
« on: November 02, 2012, 08:47:18 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNR-322L Wishlist

• TBD

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

arevilla

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNR-322L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 07:02:57 PM »

more option for IOS app to use all the functions of DNR-322L like check straightaway clip record data

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 05:35:40 AM »

more option for IOS app to use all the functions of DNR-322L like check straightaway clip record data

Thanks for your contribution, but I'm not 100% sure what you're asking for.  Can you please clarify?

johnsonlam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 09:20:06 PM »

1) Get rid of the IE dependency
2) Export video can be H.264 or MPEG1 or 2
3) Exported video have no date and time stamp, cannot used as legal proof

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 09:24:33 PM by johnsonlam »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 04:48:42 AM »

1) Get rid of the IE dependency
2) Export video can be H.264 or MPEG1 or 2
3) Exported video have no date and time stamp, cannot used as legal proof

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 04:51:43 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNR-322L Wishlist

• Browser - Support additional browsers (FireFox, Chrome, etc.) and remove IE dependency
  • Video - Option to export as H.264, MPEG1, or MPEG2
  • Video - Option to include time stamp on exported video (i.e. required for legal proof for captured activity)

• TBD

boczar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 01:25:29 PM »

Adding features that cameras generally have, like:
- Privacy zones
- motion detection zones
- motion detection sensitivity
- PIR detection
- record on audio events
- send email on camera events, instead of having to set this up per camera.

Additionally:
- Manual fan control (override)

MyDlink Java UI exposes the different events that were triggered on the playback timeline. I want that in the ActiveX UI and Web UI too.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 06:41:57 AM »

Adding features that cameras generally have, like:
- Privacy zones
- motion detection zones
- motion detection sensitivity
- PIR detection
- record on audio events
- send email on camera events, instead of having to set this up per camera.

I'm not sure where you are going with this list? Are you looking for a web UI feature from within the DNR-322L that taps into the camera settings for attached models that support those features?

boczar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 12:47:52 PM »

I'm not sure where you are going with this list? Are you looking for a web UI feature from within the DNR-322L that taps into the camera settings for attached models that support those features?

If possible - yes. If not, then replicate all the useful features that the camera offers so that I don't have to configure each camera individually. The NVR is supposed to be a central storage/control hub for all cameras. If it can't do that, I might as well record everything on the cameras to sd cards. :(

The event based recording on the NVR is really bare-bone right now. It basically implements its own motion detection scheme based on the video feed from each camera. In my case, when my cameras fall over to night-vision, the noise created from the camera is enough to trigger motion detection - which means that the NVR is recording all night, every night (vs. on REAL motion events). The camera can handle this, because it knows when it switches and has options to reduce/increase sensitivity.

ejonason

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 03:56:20 PM »

Ability to change the name of the NVR would be nice.  Going to have 10-15 of them eventually, having them all named DNR-322L is going to be a pain.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 04:41:05 AM »

If possible - yes. If not, then replicate all the useful features that the camera offers so that I don't have to configure each camera individually. The NVR is supposed to be a central storage/control hub for all cameras. If it can't do that, I might as well record everything on the cameras to sd cards. :(

The event based recording on the NVR is really bare-bone right now. It basically implements its own motion detection scheme based on the video feed from each camera. In my case, when my cameras fall over to night-vision, the noise created from the camera is enough to trigger motion detection - which means that the NVR is recording all night, every night (vs. on REAL motion events). The camera can handle this, because it knows when it switches and has options to reduce/increase sensitivity.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 04:41:20 AM »

Ability to change the name of the NVR would be nice.  Going to have 10-15 of them eventually, having them all named DNR-322L is going to be a pain.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 04:42:31 AM »

DNR-322L Wishlist

• General - Add option to pull the configurations and triggers for each connected camera (e.g. privacy zones, motion detection sensitivity, PIR detection, etc.) rather than relying strictly on the DNR-322L native settings
  • Browser - Support additional browsers (FireFox, Chrome, etc.) and remove IE dependency
  • Settings - Field to change name of the DNR-322L to something more descriptive (useful for owners of multiple NVRs)
  • Settings - Manual fan control
  • Video - Option to export as H.264, MPEG1, or MPEG2
  • Video - Option to include time stamp on exported video (i.e. required for legal proof for captured activity)

• TBD

sim

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 04:10:54 PM »

To be able to view resolution higher than 240p, maybe my setup is wrong but I don't see anywhere within the DNR-322L that states the resolution for mobile devices. (does 2nd Stream Settings need to be disabled?)

ie mydlink lite when I connect to the NVR and then click on one camera it shows up in 240p. If I setup this to be anything higher the camera's go offline and then back to 240p.

Can the DNR-322L have it's own setup so when you view the camera through the NVR it can be 720p but when you view directly through the IP camera you can set it to 240p.

*edit 19/01/2014*

Can we also have more control over the automatic overwrite feature in Recording Schedule, Video Data.

Maybe set a time for it to recycle data and how much to recycle. At the moment for me it frees up 4gb each day, can we maybe be able to set a limit like free up 10 gigs or recycle in the morning.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:55:23 PM by sim »

jonnypitt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 10:38:04 AM »

hey dlinkers,

i've just registered to do this post - here ! ;)

(sry for my poor english, but i'll do my best)

the dnr-322L is mostly fine, but at one point the connection to the mydlink-portal is faulty,  respectively the programmers were 2 lazy to implement this  ::) (i'm a bit angry, sry 4 this)

following:

u can create multiple users in the dnr-322l, thats fine, so for example u can assign camera 1 & camera 2 to user1, and for user2 just camera 2. thats also fine, this is what i've expected from a usermanagment.

BUT, if u put this recorder into a mydlink-account, u can just access the connected cameras via the admin-account of the recorder, and u can#t change this, this s*cks ! just at this point where u fill in the administrator-password, there have to be a field where u can enter a username (according users in the recorder) with the rights u gave them in the usermanagement, thats all ! that would be really FINE !

(the biggest thing i've done in c++ is creating a txt-based horserace, but in my opinion this wished adaption of the source code couldn't be so difficulty for those pro-programmers as u are at dlink..  ! )

thats what i wishing me for the dnr322l !

for a reply i will be very happy

Pages: [1] 2