• April 19, 2024, 01:39:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Anonymous wake-on-lan activity  (Read 2780 times)

232bird

• Level 1 Member
Anonymous wake-on-lan activity
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:57:11 AM »

I recently came across some software for my Android phone that lets me use the computer remotely, so I set up a remote desktop and wake-on-LAN app, and added a DNS for my IP at DynDNS.  Everything is working perfectly, except that about a week after I got everything set up the computer started waking up without me sending a WOL packet.  I did some research and found that IP's from all over the world are sending TCP requests and UDP packets to my IP.  The IP's are registered to internet providers or IP registries, but who knows what that actually means.  The router log is only showing me blocked connection requests and not whatever is waking the computer, but more importantly, how can I stop or at least block this activity?  I will be going oversees soon and need to know that my computer will be secure and reliable while I am away.  And I would like to keep my remote desktop ability if possible.  Does anybody have any insight into what is going on?