• March 28, 2024, 11:05:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Did anyone have any trouble after updating to 1.04  (Read 38468 times)

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
Re: Did anyone have any trouble after updating to 1.04
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 05:29:26 AM »

After returning to V1.03, it "scrap" my second drive (integrity). The Download Scheduler was not able to copy file from Drive_1 to Drive_2 correctly. And the result was a directory structure impossible to delete.

So i shutdown the device, remove the GOOD drive, restart the device, go on the RAID configuration utility to format the Drive.
After i reboot the unit to see if the drive works fine, shutdown agait. Re-slot the Drive_1, and start-it again...

Funny, Drive_2 are now Called Drive_1 (the drive # 2 are on bay # 2), and Drive_1 are called Drive_2.

So, i shutdown again, swap Drive on bay # 2, to bay # 1. Restart the NAS ... it's ok.. Drive_1 are on Bay # 1 ... I shut down, re-slot the other drive on Bay#2, and reboot... The drive on bay # 2 are called Drive_2 ...

After i swap Drive_1 with Drive_2 on the bay, i copy all data from Drive_2 to Drive_1 (because i want to normalized my installation like all my login script), and it's working again.

My experience with V1.04 ? .... a mess. Someone did'nt do his works correctly.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 07:50:18 AM »

So - you've told us what problems you had downgrading from 1.04 back to 1.03 - you haven't told us why you felt the need to revert to the earlier firmware, other than

My experience with V1.04 ? .... a mess. Someone did'nt do his works correctly.

which doesn't tell us why you feel that way.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 11:49:33 AM »

So - you've told us what problems you had downgrading from 1.04 back to 1.03 - you haven't told us why you felt the need to revert to the earlier firmware, other than

which doesn't tell us why you feel that way.

I already report all troubles, fiew thred up (look all the message on this thred, and you will find the troubles i report). But if you did'nt find the info, here they are :
After upgrade from V1.03 to V1.04 :
- Lost PrintServer. Cannot use it anymore. Try all different way, i can see the printer, but it not working. Try reboot, reset, factory default, nothing. Even under XP or Vista
- Lost DNS support. I cannot contact the NAS using his DNS name. It won't respond. But i can contact it using the IP (this is not a major issue for me).

I give here the result of Downgrading for only 1 reason : check if what i lost are working again after backtrack the firmware version.
Result : Printer working again, and DNS also.

of course, i need to recreate the sharing permission for file access, and i lost control of one HARDDRIVE (force to format the drive), but it's working again.

If i was'nt lost the printer the first time, i will keep the V1.04 ... and hopping the V1.05 solve this issue, and the Scheduler issue.

gugaucb

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 11:53:29 AM »

I updated my unit and I had only two troubles. First, I lose my network shares configuration and second the unit wake up some times although nobody was accessing. Did anyone know why happend this situation?

The refresh options  of UPnP and iTunes is disable.

Regards,
Gustavo

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 04:13:36 PM »

If you are using the DNS-323 as a print server you may have print jobs in the queue. Try clearing the print job queue. This feature is added in firmware 1.04 the "Clear print queue(s)" button is located in the status tab of the web configuration.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

rcblackwell

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »

net use m: \\YOURNASNAME\Volume_xxx\documents /user:yourusername yourepassword /persistent:yes

Thanks for the information. unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. By chance are the user rights on your NAS established at the root of the drive (Volume_1) or is it up a level or two. If at the root, would you be willing to move it up a level or two and report on your findings; ability to run *.exe's?

Bob Blackwell
Pickering, ON
Bob Blackwell
Pickering, ON

AFTICARR.COM

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 01:22:13 PM »

The right are at the root for my config. From V1.03 to V1.04, the ability to Run EXE are fixed only in V1.04. But it seem to be Vista related. I don't remember to have seen that problems under XP.

rcblackwell

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2008, 10:56:23 AM »

The right are at the root for my config. From V1.03 to V1.04, the ability to Run EXE are fixed only in V1.04. But it seem to be Vista related. I don't remember to have seen that problems under XP.

I concur; problem doesn't exist under XP regardless of which firmware version is in use.

The NAS has been updated to 1.04. Yesterday I reformatted the drives (RAID1) and rebuilt the file structure. This action was necessary due to a Directory and 1.5 GB of files that I couldn't gain control over and delete ???

After all this I'm still unable to run *.exe's from the NAS. Like you I suspect Vista however I don't know where to turn or what yo adjust. Any ideas?

Bob Blackwell
Pickering, ON
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 04:52:43 PM by rcblackwell »
Bob Blackwell
Pickering, ON

AFTICARR.COM

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 04:23:23 AM »

:o
 I don't want to effraid you ... but i'm think we will need to wait until V1.05 or V1.06 before they fix what they broke...

And if we are lucky, they won't broke more thing..

For now, i'm a little deceived of this product. I miss my old buffalo, but, i confort my self because the DNS-323 have the possibility to rapidly change the hardrive (something the afordable buffalo product can't do for now).

gugaucb

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 07:58:44 AM »

Yesterday, the UPnP server stopped work in my unit. I need reboot the unit to came back work.

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 09:27:46 AM »

If you are using the DNS-323 as a print server you may have print jobs in the queue. Try clearing the print job queue. This feature is added in firmware 1.04 the "Clear print queue(s)" button is located in the status tab of the web configuration.

sorry. Not working. Even if i reset to factory default, or dance near the unit.

It seem that i'm not the only one who complain about this issue.
Did someone test the Printserver before release V1.04 ? And what was their test ?
I'm not using a multifonction printer, so i'm not suppose to have any problems related to my printer.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 01:56:37 PM »

For what it's worth - I've used the print server in both 1.03 and 1.04 - with no problems other than the occasional need to clear the queue.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 06:03:30 AM »

For what it's worth - I've used the print server in both 1.03 and 1.04 - with no problems other than the occasional need to clear the queue.

What model/brand of Printer you are using ? i'm using a Dell 1100 Laser Printer. And the connexion to the Printer are very slow, with no result at the end (with V1.04). I test the Clear Print Job, reset after the NAS (to factory default), reboot it, erase the printer from my Laptop (winXp) and my desktop (Vista) and re-install it. Nothing... exept i lost time try anything.
I also try to map it from "network connxion", and also by connect a TCPIP port ...

Tipstaff

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2008, 03:59:04 PM »

Same problems with the print server. Prior to updating to 1.04 I was able to print to my Samsung ML-1520 with no problems (except for the clearing of the print queue issue, which I could get around). Now I can't print. Windows sees the printer attached to the NAS, and as well the NAS sees the printer in it's Status page. However, when I try to print to it I immediately get an error. I've tried rebooting the NAS, tried clearing the print queue, and tried reinstalling the drivers on the systems. Nothing works. Bye bye print server.

zehninguem

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 01:41:40 PM »

Hey guys, are you asking DLink to solve the printer server problem???

Just a joke, I was waiting someone to put the blame at MS since Wndows can not print from DNS-323 with FW1.4. Or do I need a Mac?

Now being serious. Please guys at DLink, can we have FW 1.5 with a better Samba (printer server) and well tested before realease? Clear the queue is just a turn around and does not work with the 5 different printers that I tested.

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4