• April 19, 2024, 04:00:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-615 & Cisco Anyconnect VPN: not working  (Read 25083 times)

sutnevju

• Level 1 Member
DIR-615 & Cisco Anyconnect VPN: not working
« on: March 04, 2009, 01:25:39 PM »

Hello!
I purchased a DLINK DIR-615 router which I attached to the DSL modem (or better, to the Home Access Gateway, HAG) I have. The router correctly gets an IP from the HAG and correctly does its job with all devices I have at home. My work laptop connects to it correctly and I have access to the web, but the problems arise if I use the Cisco Anyconnect VPN client (version 2.2.0144). It prompts me for my password and correctly connects to my corporate network, but in reality I cannot access the internet, the intranet nor my corporate email.

I followed the suggestions from my IT dept, like opening and forwarding TCP/UDP port 443 (the port that the vpn software needs to be opened) but that didn't help. Even putting the laptop in DMZ mode is not helping! If I connect directly to the HAG evertyhing works fine.

I am grateful for any suggestion.

many thanks
Marco

jornsen

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-615 & Cisco Anyconnect VPN: not working
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 03:20:03 AM »

Hi Marco

Did you find a solution to your DIR-615/VPN Anyconnect problem?

I have exactly the same problemm. Below I copy my D-Link support-request which has given nothing - since then I tried F/W 4.00 without any luck, plus approx 200 things in cooperation with my company IT/NW guy, also without any luck...  :-(
--------------------------------------
I cannot establish a stable VPN connection (to my employer) when connected through my DIR-615.
When I connect, I get the connection without problems but when I start using it http connections fail, MS outlook disconnects etc. MS outlook may connect and disconnect several times before it finally gives up.
The router log says nothing during the failing period.
If I connect (same PC, same vpn-site) through my neighbors wireless router, I have no problems.

My company changed VPN solution (from "conventional" VPN to VPN anyconnect) approx at the same time as I upgrated to F/W version 4.11 (from preinstalled 4.00) because of other connection problems (different PC - not VPN).

Any ideas? :-)

Until now, I have followed the VPN-track intensively without result. Now, I'd like to follow the F/W upgrade track: Can I download the "old" F/W version 4.00 somewhere?

Regards
/John
--------------------------------------

rahul

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 02:08:37 AM »

My wife's vpn uses ports 1723, UDP500, which should also be opened by enabling VPN Passthrough for PPTP (which is enabled by default).

I tried this with the preinstalled firmware (calling itself 1.00) and the most recent 4.11, and all in all:

1) It does not work with PPTP VPN passthrough
2) It does not work with explicit opening of the relevant ports
3) It does not work with the laptop placed in DMZ

Clearly the firmware is buggy. The last firmware upgrade was 4.11, 14/04/2009, almost a year ago. Is there an upgrade coming soon, or should I just return the router to VirginMedia?

BTW, the two sample replacement routers (netgear and linksys) worked in this regard with their default settings.

cheers,
Rahul

kukubau

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 07:51:10 AM »

That's what I'd like to know.

Simeski

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 07:25:47 AM »

Did this ever get resolved?  I have exactly the same problem connecting to my work network using Cisco Anyconnect.

Thanks

dapinsch

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 01:22:54 PM »

Is there still no solution for this issue?
I have this router for 2 weeks now, and I run into the same problem
I thought it might have something to do with my PC, but now I see this is a general issue.
My next step will be to bring the router back to the store because it's very FRUSTRATING to say the least!!

stowater

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 02:54:06 AM »

Hi all,

I have exactly the same problem with the DIR-615. I was in long contact with our support department, but the only thing that helped was replacing the router. I am using an older DI-524 now and it works perfectly. However, I would like to switch back to the DIR-615.

Anyone knows a solution for that one?

carbonic

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 01:38:05 PM »

I'm having this problem as well, anyone found a solution?
Using newest 4.11 driver on D1 hardware

carbonic

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 01:54:54 AM »

I was just told by dlink customer service that they don't have a cisco client but that I should try to disable "Transparent Tunnling". But I have no way to configure that in my AnyConnect :/

annhltr

• Level 1 Member
[Resolved] DIR-615 & Cisco Anyconnect VPN: not working
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 07:06:40 AM »

Guys, Good news!
I got the information regarding the setting to be done on the router. My router is DIR-600, this fixed it, but should be relevant here as well.
Here are the steps. Step 1 is probably not needed but I am posting it just in case. Only Step 2 should fix it.

[1] Go to advanced tab > Advanced Port Forwarding Rules (http://192.168.0.1/adv_port.php) and configure like this: http://i.imgur.com/TVeIU.png ; Click save settings.
[2] Now go to FIREWALL & DMZ SETTINGS (http://192.168.0.1/adv_firewall.php) and configure like this: http://i.imgur.com/5Uvyd.png (1st 2 entries are present if you've done step 1, the 2rd entry has to be done manually); Click save settings.

Tadaa!  :D

Reply back if anybody succeeded.

carbonic

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 01:08:38 AM »

I will check when I get home and report back

EDIT:
I have tested the above with no success.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:01:11 PM by carbonic »

Skello

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 09:56:46 PM »

If you guys still don't find a solution to this, you might want to consider this: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=13599.0

carbonic

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 01:36:07 AM »

Actually just installed the dd-wrt firmware from http://www.dd-wrt.com. It seems the only way to fix the problem with Anyconnect is to throw away D-Link's limited firmware and install a 3'rd party one.

fanek

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 05:41:39 AM »

I have tested settings as described annhltr with my dir-615 D1 revision with no success  :'(
Next step will be dd-wrt firmware, though the D1 revision is not supported as written in Router Database on www.dd-wrt.com site.
But it seems to work fine and I really need the VPN.

more info here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=61108&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=dir+615&start=15

@Skello: Thanks for a very good job !!!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 05:59:14 AM by fanek »

Skello

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 06:19:09 AM »

@Skello: Thanks for a very good job !!!

You're welcome :) I posted a more comprehensive guide to DD-WRT on this forum, for all DIR-615 users. I linked it in my previous reply to this thread.