• March 28, 2024, 09:04:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS2230 and ONVIF  (Read 21569 times)

bao

• Level 1 Member
DCS2230 and ONVIF
« on: April 17, 2012, 05:57:17 AM »

I received the following notification:

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by alordarkano.

View the reply at: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=48020.new;topicseen#new

But no reply is listed, and I can't find the member. Can you help please. Thanks

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS2230 and ONVIF
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 08:44:33 AM »

The member you are referencing was a spammer randomly posting replies to different threads across the D-Link forum. His account and spam were subsequently removed.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 01:38:04 PM »

For some reason, many if not all of the threads about the DCS-2230 have only the orginator's messages, but none of the replies???

Geezer22

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »

For some reason, many if not all of the threads about the DCS-2230 have only the orginator's messages, but none of the replies???

One reason is that my account was inadvertently banned and all posts deleted. These were under the user name "caseydoug." I was one of the first to post about this camera. I have been periodically monitoring this forum under a different name, but I don't have the energy to try to reconstruct my old posts. I did have quite a few posts about the 2230.

JonasQ

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 01:43:57 AM »

One reason is that my account was inadvertently banned and all posts deleted. These were under the user name "caseydoug." I was one of the first to post about this camera. I have been periodically monitoring this forum under a different name, but I don't have the energy to try to reconstruct my old posts. I did have quite a few posts about the 2230.
Why were you banned??  ??? I always thought your posts were very informative and your DCS-2230 firmware thread was the best one available on the Net!

As a big help to you fellow DCS-2230 users and if you willing to do it, it would be great if you at least could create a new firmware thread with info about the different firmwares available and their bugs/features. You're probably the one person that have most knowledge about it. I'm on firmware 1.00 and seem to remember that there were some issues with one of the newer firmwares (which btw are hard to find)

Brgds...   /Jonas

Geezer22

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 02:32:03 PM »

Why were you banned??  ??? I always thought your posts were very informative and your DCS-2230 firmware thread was the best one available on the Net!

As a big help to you fellow DCS-2230 users and if you willing to do it, it would be great if you at least could create a new firmware thread with info about the different firmwares available and their bugs/features. You're probably the one person that have most knowledge about it. I'm on firmware 1.00 and seem to remember that there were some issues with one of the newer firmwares (which btw are hard to find)

Brgds...   /Jonas

I really don't know why I was banned. It was a mistake. A day or so before I was banned, I reported some real spam posts to the mod. One theory is that they inadvertently banned my account along with the other one. Whatever the reason, all of my posts were removed. They removed the ban so that I can now sign up again under the same name, but they are unable to restore the posts. You can find some portions of the posts where they were quoted by searching for the word "caseydoug," not just in this forum but in the other camera forums as well.

Regarding the firmware, I don't have the energy to  try to put all that together again. Start a thread on the topic, ask some questions, and I will try to answer as best I can. However, I won't provide links because they have now prohibited links to firmware other than official versions intended for the country in which the camera was purchased (this prohibition was put in place after I posted links). FWIW, you can find firmware by searching Google for "DCS-2230 firmware," and looking for D-Link ftp sites. This is official firmware, but some of it is beta, and some of it can be found at D-Link's Russian or Italian or other ftp sites. I use the Russian beta version dated 21 Feb. It works fine, but throws up an error when the Advanced/ICR and IR page is accessed (the page itself appears to work). It has the advantage of more events, larger maximum file sizes, and a few bug fixes.

slickster

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 12:57:29 AM »

Regarding the firmware, I don't have the energy to  try to put all that together again. Start a thread on the topic, ask some questions, and I will try to answer as best I can. However, I won't provide links because they have now prohibited links to firmware other than official versions intended for the country in which the camera was purchased (this prohibition was put in place after I posted links). FWIW, you can find firmware by searching Google for "DCS-2230 firmware," and looking for D-Link ftp sites. This is official firmware, but some of it is beta, and some of it can be found at D-Link's Russian or Italian or other ftp sites. I use the Russian beta version dated 21 Feb. It works fine, but throws up an error when the Advanced/ICR and IR page is accessed (the page itself appears to work). It has the advantage of more events, larger maximum file sizes, and a few bug fixes.

I finally installed the IT version of the 1.00.02 Beta and though it has some additional functionality, such as the 3rd event and increase of SD video segment size from 2 to 5 MB, but the FTP video clips are still not named in the same format as this: SD20120514_170500_0746.avi which contains the time stamp in easily recognizable format. Instead, the FTP video files have names, such as this: FTP1335023435_2208.avi. I am pretty sure that the number 1335023435 is also a time stamp, but in an internal Unix/Linux system time form that counts the seconds from some given date in the past, such as Jan 1, 1970 or some such date. The programmer most likely forgot to format that internal system time to a humanly recognizable PFXyyyymmdd_hhssms_ser# format as is done for SD videos and snapshots. I would like to hear from somebody who could store video clips directly from the camera to FTP with recognizable time stamp names. Hey, Geezer, can you do it with the RU version?

Geezer22

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 08:53:22 AM »

I finally installed the IT version of the 1.00.02 Beta and though it has some additional functionality, such as the 3rd event and increase of SD video segment size from 2 to 5 MB, but the FTP video clips are still not named in the same format as this: SD20120514_170500_0746.avi which contains the time stamp in easily recognizable format. Instead, the FTP video files have names, such as this: FTP1335023435_2208.avi. I am pretty sure that the number 1335023435 is also a time stamp, but in an internal Unix/Linux system time form that counts the seconds from some given date in the past, such as Jan 1, 1970 or some such date. The programmer most likely forgot to format that internal system time to a humanly recognizable PFXyyyymmdd_hhssms_ser# format as is done for SD videos and snapshots. I would like to hear from somebody who could store video clips directly from the camera to FTP with recognizable time stamp names. Hey, Geezer, can you do it with the RU version?
slickster, it's not just you. I just modified my event handler to use FTP rather than Network Storage -- everything else was the same -- and the file name was no longer recognizable as a date, but rather was in the form you described for your system. Up to that point, I had only tested using Network Storage.

Could you try mapping your FTP host as a network drive to see whether you can record with a better naming convention?

slickster

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 10:57:32 AM »

slickster, it's not just you. I just modified my event handler to use FTP rather than Network Storage -- everything else was the same -- and the file name was no longer recognizable as a date, but rather was in the form you described for your system. Up to that point, I had only tested using Network Storage.

Could you try mapping your FTP host as a network drive to see whether you can record with a better naming convention?

Geezer, I hope you've also read my post last night where I confirmed that the FTP time stamp is indeed the unconverted internal Unix/Linux system time. But I am glad that now you also confirmed that my problem is really not unique with FTP. I wonder when some D-Link firmware developer gets the message so they can fix it ASAP. It should really be a minor fix.
As to mapping the FTP drive to a network drive, that's probably possible, but it would require a running PC that would be defeating the purpose of having a stand-alone IP camera.

Geezer22

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 01:07:28 PM »

As to mapping the FTP drive to a network drive, that's probably possible, but it would require a running PC that would be defeating the purpose of having a stand-alone IP camera.

I may have a different network topology, but I don't leave a computer on. My NAS can be accessed directly by the camera. I use its IP address, but I think its network name would work as well.

slickster

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 02:57:41 PM »

I may have a different network topology, but I don't leave a computer on. My NAS can be accessed directly by the camera. I use its IP address, but I think its network name would work as well.

Oh well, that's different because you've got a dedicated NAS server which I wanted to avoid buying by subscribing to the adrive.com ftp service provider. Without a NAS storage I would have to have PC up to map the FTP to a network drive on the PC.

Geezer22

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 10:47:07 PM »

Oh well, that's different because you've got a dedicated NAS server which I wanted to avoid buying by subscribing to the adrive.com ftp service provider. Without a NAS storage I would have to have PC up to map the FTP to a network drive on the PC.
In that case, I agree, FTP is the most reasonable way to go. When you use NAS with this camera, there is an additional advantage in that it creates a new folder for each day and a new subfolder for each hour. I don't believe it does that with FTP, which makes the file-naming problem especially irksome.

slickster

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 04:42:44 PM »

In that case, I agree, FTP is the most reasonable way to go. When you use NAS with this camera, there is an additional advantage in that it creates a new folder for each day and a new subfolder for each hour. I don't believe it does that with FTP, which makes the file-naming problem especially irksome.

I agree that the NAS has those advantages but a major disadvantage is that the NAS server is still located at your home and thus can be stolen by burglars, while FTP stores the clips in remote location, safe from burglar access and natural disasters.

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 06:17:07 PM »

Geezer22 said : "...creates a new folder for each day and a new subfolder for each hour. I don't believe it does that with FTP..."
    Can someone please confirm if this is the case with DCS-2232L? I've been using DCS-930L and DCS-932L with ftp, and they both do create the folder structure this way. It would be awful if not, as our foggy mornings generally cause tons of images to be ftp'd. I want to upgrade to higher resolution, but not if it won't do that.