• May 01, 2024, 02:31:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Has my camera been hacked?  (Read 6019 times)

saffronparker

• Level 1 Member
Has my camera been hacked?
« on: March 11, 2021, 02:36:47 PM »

Hi all.  I'm using a D Link 8525LH camera for inside the home.  I've had it for just under two years and in the past week, I keep getting notifications on the app on my phone that the device has been removed.  Not sure why as I haven't pressed the reset button on the camera for this to happen.  It happens about twice a day at the moment. Is this a sign that it's been/is being hacked?
Thank you.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Has my camera been hacked?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 10:22:37 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?

Has the camera been factory reset and setup from scratch?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 05:49:56 AM »

Sounds more like a WiFi problem.

Maybe reboot your router when you get a chance.

agalloway

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2024, 06:31:15 AM »

Hi all.  I'm using a D Link 8525LH camera for inside the home.  I've had it for just under two years and in the past week, I keep getting notifications on the app on my phone that the device has been removed.  Not sure why as I haven't pressed the reset button on the camera for this to happen.  It happens about twice a day at the moment for asking coding help. Is this a sign that it's been/is being hacked?
Thank you.
It's understandable to be concerned about receiving notifications that your D-Link 8525LH camera has been removed without your intervention. While this could potentially be a sign of hacking, there are other factors to consider as well. Firstly, ensure that no one in your household or anyone with access to your camera has physically moved or tampered with it. Sometimes, simple human error or accidental movement can trigger such notifications. If you've confirmed that the camera hasn't been physically removed, it's essential to take steps to secure your device and network. Make sure that your camera's firmware is up to date, as manufacturers often release updates to address security vulnerabilities. Additionally, change the default password for your camera to a strong, unique password, and consider enabling two-factor authentication if your camera supports it. Monitor your camera's activity logs for any suspicious behavior, such as unauthorized access attempts or unusual login activity. If you notice any signs of hacking or unauthorized access, immediately disconnect the camera from your network and contact D-Link's support for further assistance. In summary, while the notifications you're receiving could potentially indicate hacking, it's essential to investigate other possible causes and take proactive steps to secure your camera and network.