• May 01, 2024, 11:10:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: New Driver Version 1.40 doesn't seem to be as good as 1.30 Version  (Read 3463 times)

thecreator

• Level 6 Member

Hi All and Support,

What I did:

I created a Acronis True Image of my working partition with Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 that contains the D-Link DWA-552 1.30 Version drivers and Network Magic Version 5.1.8345.0 controlling the Adapter.

After it was finished, I updated the Wireless Card Drivers making absolutely no others changes and I rebooted the computer.

After I rebooted the computer, the signal strength is good. Before it was Very good. And I don't seem to be connecting as fast, as I was before.

Well, guess I have to restore, now., because the Voice doesn't seem to be connecting to my friend's computer through the Comcast Cable Network, as it did before the Upgrade of the drivers.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 07:13:11 PM by thecreator »
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10