The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > COVR-3902-US

COVR connectivity question

<< < (2/6) > >>

Hairraiser:
I did disable MU-MIMO and it seems to help a little. Not as many malfunctioning connections on my phone when connected to the extender.
Still happens from time to time. I did not turn off the cordless phone. I work from home and use the cordless headset during the day.

GreenBay42:
Are you both connecting to the 2.4GHz or 5Ghz band? Router and/or extender?

I've been having issues lately with Android 7.0 on my Galaxy S7 with 2 different DIR-890L routers and a friends nighthawk router where certain apps may not load and I usually have to turn off/on wireless to restore the connection or in some cases reboot my phone, or I get the internet icon with the ! for about 2 mins then it restores. I wonder if the last 1 or 2 Android updates is affecting the wireless connectivity.

I connect to 5GHz to my 890L and my TV is streaming hulu also on the 5GHz and the phone will lose Internet connectivity but the TV does not.

I will connect my COVR tonight to test finally (I know furry I have been saying that for 2 months) :)

FurryNutz:
All my cameras are 2.4Ghz supporting only. I noticed around 4am this morning all three reported disconnects from the COVR.
I noticed yesterday that I lost internet and wireless when my Mac Book pro however it's supporting 5ghz and is connected today. I was same location as yesterday.

I'm not using the extender at this time, just the router configured for AP mode, LAN to LAN connected to a main host router non-D-Link.

I'm going to switch out and put in the 890L and see if I notice similar issue with SC enabled.  Mimo is disabled on the COVR router. 

GreenBay42:
Things to look for -

When your phone disconnects, do other devices on the same wireless band disconnect too?

Are there certain apps that you run/are using when the connection drops? For me it is usually Instagram.

If you do not use Wi-Fi on your phone, do other devices disconnect?

Furry, can you check your modem log for your 4am disconnect and see if the modem rebooted?

FurryNutz:
No modem rebooted. Last entry is:
Wed Nov 01 17:57:37 2017      Notice (6)     TLV-11 - unrecognized OID;CM-MAC=

I did notice that the main host router still had connection since one that works from home is wired to that router and didn't complain about anything while the COVR router was rebooted after it's problem of service yesterday. Once the COVR was rebooted, all as good until something this 4am morning.  ::)

I've put the 890L online with v1.20 FW, SC enabled is same spot as the COVR was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version