• June 03, 2024, 03:32:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Snapshot time/suffix not correct....  (Read 4135 times)

BelgianEvo

• Level 1 Member
Snapshot time/suffix not correct....
« on: February 09, 2014, 11:27:09 AM »

Hello guys,

My camera is set to upload snapshots to my webspace when motion is detected.

But the images which are uploaded are always too late.
i.e. : The motion is at 08:54:14 and the images are 08:54:19 or so.

So the movement is allready gone and there is nothing to see on the picture :-/

I have tried to set the pre and post snapshots to maximum but the problems is not solved. The screenshots uploaded are always a few seconds after the motion.

And also the time/suffix is wrong with some picture.

Look at this picture which was named by the camera with this name -> 20140209_193205_0538.jpg

So normally that picture is from 19:32:05.....

And look at the timestamp on the actual picture now :

I have no explanation for this :-/

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
Re: Snapshot time/suffix not correct....
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »

I've noticed the camera sometimes sends old images after the event settings are changed.  Rebooting the camera after making changes should correct this.  This model camera also seems to have problems with the time of day, and time zones.  Rebooting may solve that problem too.

BelgianEvo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:16:57 AM »

I rebooted this camera for several times now, but the problem isn't solved.

About the screenshots that come too late now ->

I've configured the camera that he saves a short video on the SD card when motion is detected, and apparently he also saves a JPG together with the video. The JPG on the SD-card however is correct and shows the motion triggering 'object'

Alltough the images on the FTP always come too late and no motion is seen on there .....

HELP !! :)

GaryNY

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 08:34:11 PM »

I have several D-Link cameras, including 2 of this model.  This one (including both of mine) is the only one that gets the time wrong.  Sometimes rebooting partly fixes it, but not always. And as you noticed, sometimes some of the times (like the on-screen clock) are correct, but other times (like the time in the filenames) are incorrect.  And, if you set up a schedule to enable motion detection, sometimes that happens on the wrong schedule too.  It seems to have problems with time zones and daylight saving time. Very frustrating.  This seems to be a firmware bug in this model, because none of my other model cameras do this.

I use manual daylight savings (instead of automatic), and this partly fixes it.  Maybe if you set the time completely manually, so your time zone and GMT (UCT) are the same, with daylight saving time off, it might get the time right.  I have not done this, because I like the auto sync to a time server.

What are you using for motion detection?  Visual or PIR?  Neither is perfect.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:36:50 PM by GaryNY »

hbien03

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 04:35:59 AM »

I've had the same problem with filenames not matching the actual time (looks to me like time zone issue) and you're correct, rebooting solved the problem! I also get occassionally old snapshots sent with a newer notification, e.g. a triggered event at 10:15 would include the last few frames of the previous event at 8:15. I have since decreased the number of snapshots (previously 3 pre- and 7 post-) to just 1 pre and 1 post and will see if this helps.

rstark18

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »

BTW a workaround is to use manual daylight savings. I can not get the auto daylight savings to work correctly at all.