• March 28, 2024, 10:10:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: MyDlink behind corporate firewall  (Read 6871 times)

larkim

• Level 1 Member
MyDlink behind corporate firewall
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:56:19 AM »

I have just started using the myDlink service with a 930L camera. 

At home, myDlink on my Android phone (using the app) works fine (surprisingly!, given that it must be looping back the external IP address), and when out using either "3G" data or wifi at another home location (such as my brother-in-laws) it works fine also.

However, it doesn't work when I'm at work in two scenarios - on my PC, accessing the site loads the java fine, but then fails to connect to the camera (it shows "unable to access your DCS-930L).

On my android phone, using the works wifi also fails to connect.

However, at work if I switch off wifi and connect via 3G instead it does connect fine.

This suggests to me that a non-standard port is being requested by the mydlink app to get the video feed.  I don't believe the issue is at the camera or router end, as the working 3G mode shows that this is working fine. 

I have some influence with the IT team here, so if anyone can advise which ports I would need to ask them to unblock for me (presuming that it is firewall ports causing the issue) I would be grateful.

Thanks!

Matt

larkim

• Level 1 Member
Re: MyDlink behind corporate firewall
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 01:45:49 AM »

OK, resolved this (well, fudged it) for myself by port forwarding port 80 rather than using a custom port, which now means that access from behind my corporate firewall at work now works.

Not ideal, as I'd rather not have port 80 active on my home IP address, but at least it works.  And proves my point about it being a port issue.

Shame there's no standing information here about which ports are required (or perhaps there is and I've just not found it??)

Matt

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 07:17:54 AM »

I've done some digging and have not come across any published threads on this forum identifying port specifications. I'm sure many DCS IP camera owners are also eager to have this information.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

larkim

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 07:16:01 AM »

OK, cheers!  I guess if you can't find any posts, I don't have much chance of coming up with anything either!!

I've never done any work with any packet sniffers or suchlike, so I don't think I'll be able to shed any light on this one.

Cheers!

Matt

larkim

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 06:40:53 AM »

Curiosity got the better of me...

I used an app called CurrPorts which listed the ports utilised when the java.exe process started as triggered by the mydlink.com site.

I'm no expert in this, but it appears to me that the applet opens up port 2047 to talk to the aws servers that host the mydlink servers, and then it tries to open up port 3128 on my home WAN IP address in order to access the camera.

I'm by no means an expert in these things so don't take this as gospel, but it seems to make some sense to me.

HTH!

Matt