• April 18, 2024, 06:27:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: DCS-2132L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 129096 times)

mike88ag

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-2132L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2014, 01:55:48 PM »

Allow for the same type of FTP upload as available w/ the DCS-930L. I purchased this camera to upload images to Weather Underground and have not figured out a way to do it. It works fine with my 930L.

I believe some people have referred to this as FTP overwrite. I need to be able to upload an image of the same name once per minute. Like I said, just like the feature available in the 930L.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:18:58 PM by mike88ag »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2014, 09:38:44 AM »

Allow for the same type of FTP upload as available w/ the DCS-930L. I purchased this camera to upload images to Weather Underground and have not figured out a way to do it. It works fine with my 930L.

I believe some people have referred to this as FTP overwrite. I need to be able to upload an image of the same name once per minute. Like I said, just like the feature available in the 930L.

Added to the wishlist. . .  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2014, 09:42:14 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2132L Wishlist

• General - Anti-Flicker Issue - When exposure is set to "Outdoor", changing Anti-Flicker or exposure to customize has no impact (i.e. no whiteout reduction), issue is presented here
  • General - Automatic firmware check and update
  • General - Direct download link to new firmware
  • General - Dropbox support (option for backup destination as well)
  • General - Full web UI support with additional browsers (i.e. Firefox, Safari, etc.)
  • General - Image Settings - Add preview pane on image setup screen to quickly preview changes
  • General - Live Video - Add Day/Night Mode toggle button
  • General - Maintain support for latest browser versions (i.e. IE 10 support)
  • General - Under MAINTENANCE > ADMIN, add configurations for "User Access Control" and "Snapshot URL Authentication" (similar to DCS-932L)[/color]
  • General - When camera is connected to a wired network: automatically disable wireless, release/renew DHCP (and perform the same when wired connection is removed, i.e. search for wireless)
  • Audio - Persistent clicking/static [Reported by multiple owners]
  • Event Setup - Ability to store more than two events (i.e. 5+)
  • Event Setup - Add option under Media and Snap Shot to select number of impages to save before overwriting the  earliest images
  • Event Setup - Measure periodic trigger in the Event Setup section in "seconds" rather than "minutes", with the minimum default of 0.5 seconds
  • Event Setup - Option to trigger multiple actions using one event (e.g. a single event to capture images and video)
  • Event Setup - Under SETUP > EVENT SETUP > RECORDING, increase maximum "Sie of each file for recording" to 1 GB
  • FTP - Option to overwrite existing FTP image each time a new one is uploaded (rather than adding the image under a new name)
  • Image Setup - Option to customize different exposure modes for day and night via scheduling
  • Motion Detection - Ability to select multiple areas
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable/disable PIR via a check box
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable entire frame for motion detection area (rather than manually highlighting the grid, which is problematic with some browsers)
  • Motion Detection - Reduce size of motion detection grid squares
  • Motion Detection - Single screen containing a consolidated list of all video motion tracking and PIR motion detection events and single button to enable disable motion detection and PIR
  • Motion Detection - Support for more events (rather than two)
  • SD Card - Add a "Power User" security permission offering entitled users global access to all SD card content (rather than the current approach limiting full SD card access to the admin account, which also includes camera configuration and network settings)
  • SD Card - More user friendly data deletion (i.e. option to delete directories, sub-directories, and files with a single click)
  • SD Card - Option to backup SD card to external storage on a schedule
  • SD Card - When recording is set to the SD card and Motion Detection events are set to SD card, no motion detection events are routed to the SD card, only full live recording
  • SD Card - When recording is disabled and motion detection events are set to SD card, the SD card only received log files, no video (Video will go to SMB, but not the SD card)
  • Security - Add "Power User" security permission to access motion detection logs
  • Sound - Option to disable on-board microphone
  • Video - Option to rotate image 90 degrees clockwise/counter-clockwise (in addition to mirror and flip)
  • Video - Option to select 30 fps frame rate
  • Video - Option to set maximum duration for event recording (by seconds or storage consumption)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

7ravler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2014, 08:42:59 AM »

It would be nice if we could save to daily folders on the FTP server like I can with my DCS-933L. It would make it much easier to manipulate and organize the captures. It does organize captures on the SD card to daily folders but not to the FTP server. Can that be done?  Thanks   ;D

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2014, 09:04:45 AM »

It would be nice if we could save to daily folders on the FTP server like I can with my DCS-933L. It would make it much easier to manipulate and organize the captures. It does organize captures on the SD card to daily folders but not to the FTP server. Can that be done?  Thanks   ;D

Added to the firmware wishlist. . .  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2014, 09:06:09 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-2132L Wishlist

• General - Anti-Flicker Issue - When exposure is set to "Outdoor", changing Anti-Flicker or exposure to customize has no impact (i.e. no whiteout reduction), issue is presented here
  • General - Full web UI support with additional browsers (i.e. Firefox, Safari, etc.)
  • General - Image Settings - Add preview pane on image setup screen to quickly preview changes
  • General - Under MAINTENANCE > ADMIN, add configurations for "User Access Control" and "Snapshot URL Authentication" (similar to DCS-932L)[/color]
  • General - When camera is connected to a wired network: automatically disable wireless, release/renew DHCP (and perform the same when wired connection is removed, i.e. search for wireless)
  • Event Setup - Add option under Media and Snap Shot to select number of impages to save before overwriting the  earliest images
  • Event Setup - Measure periodic trigger in the Event Setup section in "seconds" rather than "minutes", with the minimum default of 0.5 seconds
  • Event Setup - Option to trigger multiple actions using one event (e.g. a single event to capture images and video)
  • Event Setup - Under SETUP > EVENT SETUP > RECORDING, increase maximum "Sie of each file for recording" to 1 GB
  • FTP - Option to overwrite existing FTP image each time a new one is uploaded (rather than adding the image under a new name)
  • FTP - Option to save images/video to daily date-stamped folders
  • Image Setup - Option to customize different exposure modes for day and night via scheduling
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable entire frame for motion detection area (rather than manually highlighting the grid, which is problematic with some browsers)
  • Motion Detection - Single screen containing a consolidated list of all video motion tracking and PIR motion detection events and single button to enable disable motion detection and PIR
  • SD Card - Add a "Power User" security permission offering entitled users global access to all SD card content (rather than the current approach limiting full SD card access to the admin account, which also includes camera configuration and network settings)
  • SD Card - More user friendly data deletion (i.e. option to delete directories, sub-directories, and files with a single click)
  • SD Card - When recording is set to the SD card and Motion Detection events are set to SD card, no motion detection events are routed to the SD card, only full live recording
  • SD Card - When recording is disabled and motion detection events are set to SD card, the SD card only received log files, no video (Video will go to SMB, but not the SD card)
  • Security - Add "Power User" security permission to access motion detection logs
  • Video - Option to rotate image 90 degrees clockwise/counter-clockwise (in addition to mirror and flip)
  • Video - Option to set maximum duration for event recording (by seconds or storage consumption)

• TBD

7ravler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2014, 11:18:46 AM »

I get  an event log for every capture. It doubles the amount of files on my FTP server. It would be nice if we could control whether or not we get event logs.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2014, 11:23:43 AM »

I get  an event log for every capture. It doubles the amount of files on my FTP server. It would be nice if we could control whether or not we get event logs.

Added to the firmware wishlist. . .  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2014, 11:24:57 AM »

DCS-2132L Wishlist

• Event Setup - Option to disable event logs

• TBD

jaylam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2014, 06:24:03 AM »

Hi,

First off I want to say I am really pleased with this camera I just have a couple of gripes which would be great if they could be addressed in the next firmware release:

1.  Under event setup-media.  The the "Pre-event recording", "Maximum duration" and "Maximum file size", it would be great if we were not limited on these.  If we could enter any figure that would be great.  Because of this limit at the moment I'm having to run my webcam through webcamxp as I can specify my own limits there but at the cost of poor video quality with no audio.

2.  Under event setup-recording settings.  Again the limit to be removed from "Total cycling recording size" would be good and instead of drop down boxes on "Size of each file for recording" and "Time for each file for recording" if we could have input boxes where we could type a figure (again unlimited).

These two changes would really make the world of difference as to how I use this webcam, as I'm having to run my webcam through another piece of software to get these settings at the moment.  I would really like the webcam to be able to do it without the need of third party software.

Many many thanks in advance

Kind Regards

James

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2014, 06:46:06 AM »

Hi,

First off I want to say I am really pleased with this camera I just have a couple of gripes which would be great if they could be addressed in the next firmware release:

1.  Under event setup-media.  The the "Pre-event recording", "Maximum duration" and "Maximum file size", it would be great if we were not limited on these.  If we could enter any figure that would be great.  Because of this limit at the moment I'm having to run my webcam through webcamxp as I can specify my own limits there but at the cost of poor video quality with no audio.

2.  Under event setup-recording settings.  Again the limit to be removed from "Total cycling recording size" would be good and instead of drop down boxes on "Size of each file for recording" and "Time for each file for recording" if we could have input boxes where we could type a figure (again unlimited).

These two changes would really make the world of difference as to how I use this webcam, as I'm having to run my webcam through another piece of software to get these settings at the moment.  I would really like the webcam to be able to do it without the need of third party software.

Many many thanks in advance

Kind Regards

James

Added to the firmware wishlist. . . ;)

Not to nitpick, but this class of cameras is referred to as "network cameras", not "webcams". Webcams are typically defined as cameras that cannot operate independently of a host PC and are tethered to the host PC via USB.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2014, 06:48:04 AM »

DCS-2132L Wishlist

• Event Setup - Option to disable event logs
  • Event Setup - Media - Remove the value constraints for "Pre-event Recording", "Maximum Duration", and "Maximum File Size"
  • Event Setup - Recording - Remove value constraints for "Total Cycling Recording Size" and add free text entries for "Size of each file for recording" and "Time for each file for recording" (rather than pre-defined menus)

• TBD

jaylam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2014, 07:07:09 AM »

Added to the firmware wishlist. . . ;)

Not to nitpick, but this class of cameras is referred to as "network cameras", not "webcams". Webcams are typically defined as cameras that cannot operate independently of a host PC and are tethered to the host PC via USB.

Great many thanks.

Sorry I wasn't to clear, I meant I am using the 2132l with webcamxp as a network camera which lets me use whatever limit I wish but it uses a lot of system mem/cpu and the video/picture quality is rubbish and with no audio.

Thanks again

Kind Regards

James

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2014, 07:12:24 AM »

Great many thanks.

Sorry I wasn't to clear, I meant I am using the 2132l with webcamxp as a network camera which lets me use whatever limit I wish but it uses a lot of system mem/cpu and the video/picture quality is rubbish and with no audio.

Thanks again

Kind Regards

James

I knew what you were saying.  Just trying to keep the terminology straight for other readers.  ;)

7ravler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2014, 07:48:55 AM »

Just curious. I understand the DCS-2132L has a lot more capabilities than (for example) the DCS-933. But... can't they use the DCS-933 firmware as a base and build the DCS-2132L firmware from there? I have both cameras and the DCS-933 works well and has feature that could be useful in all the firmwares. The DCS-933 firmware has the capability to save in daily folders. You can customise the label that shows on the monitor. In the MyDlink+ app, I can change and save the motion detect areas on the fly in my DCS-933 and DCS-930 but can't do anything but look at the camera view with the DCS-2132L. I paid double the price for the DCS-2132L than the other cameras but can do less. The DCS-2132L firmware is clunky and slow compared to the DCS-933 and 930.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6