• March 28, 2024, 07:22:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Purchased two DCS-932L cameras: one has a red lens, the other doesn't. Why?  (Read 1918 times)

quint21

• Level 1 Member

Recently I purchased two D-link DCS-932L cameras from Rakuten.com. They were shipped together, and I noticed that one of them has a red lens (which looks like an IR filter, or some type of AR coating to me) and the other camera has a clear lens. Both cameras are the same hardware revision (B1).

I'll post an inline image below, and here's a direct imgur link to the larger version if anyone wants to see more detail: http://i.imgur.com/6Sd4M6l.jpg

Any ideas as to why one would be different? It seemed to me that the inclusion (or exclusion) of an IR filter on a night-vision camera would indicate some kind of manufacturing problem on one of these cameras... Or is it an AR coating? I haven't had a chance to mess with them yet, they've been sitting on my desk, still sealed in their boxes. I guess my thinking was it would be easier to return them in an unopened state, if there were a problem.

(As an aside, I also own two DCS-930L cameras, which both have clear lenses. That may be contributing to my confusion regarding my DCS-932L cameras. It makes sense that the 930L would look different from the 932L, due to their different capabilities. The two 932Ls being different from one another seems a little strange though, especially given that they have the same hw revision.)