• April 16, 2024, 02:35:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unable to maintain login to one specific online forum  (Read 2452 times)

mdietz39

• Level 1 Member
Unable to maintain login to one specific online forum
« on: January 26, 2010, 07:08:48 AM »

I access several forums on the Internet all the time.  About 60 days ago I started having problems with two specific ones, a regular forum and a online messenger service (not MSN or Windows).  I had been able to use them whenever I wanted prior to this problem.

The problem is I can log on to these two sites, I am acknowledged as having logged on, and am directed to wait the ten seconds while I am redirected back to the main page.  On the messenger site I am then told the connection has been lost.  On the forum I am placed back in the main page and am able to use the index to access messages as long as I read them only.  If I try to answer to a message or clear the list of unread messages I am directed to log on.  It seems that as long as I do not need to alter the access, ie., change or modify the forum, everything is fine.  As soon as I send a request to post or change something the connection is lost and I have to log on again.

I have spent the last 8 weeks contacting the forum managers, the messenger managers, Windows forums (XP SP3), general geek forums, all kinds of searches for help, all to no avail.  I am able to access the two sites from other locations, just not here at home.  We have two computers using the DIR-655 to access the satellite modem and using the wife's computer also fails to keep the connection to the two sites.

So it seems as if it is in the router.  A friend of ours said he was having a similar problem and he fixed it by expanding the "time" the router holds a local address.  I have gone through the manual and the troubleshooting topics on this site but find no mention of a time-out function of any sorts.  The connection to the ISP is with DCHP if that means anything.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Mike

sideloaded1

• Level 1 Member
Re: Unable to maintain login to one specific online forum
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 09:51:17 AM »

With satellite maybe the high ping is causing issues.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: Unable to maintain login to one specific online forum
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 09:56:59 AM »

Hmmm, satelite internet, signal through space.... There's a forum member called Alien, you could always ask him... ;D

What firmware has your DIR?

Also interesting:
About 60 days ago I started having problems with two specific ones

What happenend to set this off? (on the PC, LAN etc)

DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33