The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-625

DIR-625 v A1, fw 1.04: Can I receive wirelessly (access point) with no LAN?

(1/4) > >>

whatever:
I have a DIR-625 and didn't see any way of scanning wireless networks in the menus. 
I need to receive a wifi signal with this router and send it to my old computer (and other older devices later) with LAN cables. 
Is this possible? 
Model DIR-625, HW Ver: A1, F/W Ver 1.04.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

This model router doesn't support any forum of repeating:
Bridge Mode vs Relay vs Access Point (AP) / Routers vs Dedicated Access Points (AP)

Hard Harry:
I think the option is still there, however WDS is NOT compatible with WPS, so first disable that @ Advanced > Wi-Fi Protected Setup > Disable. The WDS option is under Advanced > Advanced Wireless but to see it you have to turn off "style". I don't know how to do it in Chrome, but with MSIE, it's ALT + V > Style > No Style. If it doesn't work with WPA2 try with WEP. Also, there have been some reports of compatibility issues with other routers. What model router are you trying to connect it to? Do you have 2 DIR-625?

PS. @Moderator Why does Dlink hide options in such a way? If they are no longer supported, why not remove them from the firmware?

FurryNutz:
I believe back then the UI was template face for many products thus they had features in the UI code to cover different marketing features. So some feature may have not been supported on others thus D-Link would just hide the UI feature and the actual code in the FW was not included or disabled there as well. Even thought the feature is hidden in the UI and revealed with No Styles, the actual feature code may not be in the FW code. So even un-hidding the feature and trying to enable it in the UI, may not actually work since the code in the FW may not be there.  :-\

This model router never actually supported repeater mode that I can find.

Also this model router has been EOL for a while thus no longer developed on so the last FW that came from D-Link is what you get. 3rd party FW may support it.

Hard Harry:
Ok, that makes sense. Didn't know they copy the UI between different models. I wonder if that's why they changed to the new UI.

Anyway, do you know if the DIR-625 has WDS support? I googled, and saw threads mentioning the feature was removed in "later" firmware, but couldn't find which. The manual says it's included in page 45, but it doesn't show on the emulator. Also, I can't find a removal of it in the firmware release notes.. It looks like Dlink removed it before release but didn't document the removal anywhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version