• April 23, 2024, 10:43:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need Help to force set the wpa password to 6 characters  (Read 4991 times)

bem2x

• Level 1 Member
Need Help to force set the wpa password to 6 characters
« on: October 31, 2009, 10:27:40 AM »

Hi, i have a wbr1310 router that i use to connect to a robot. i need to change the wireless password of the router to 6 characters wpa because i accidentally set the password on the robot to it. is there a way to force the router to use 6 character password? i don't mind to do it via the terminal to do it if someone give me the guide to do it.

HeatfanJohn

• Level 1 Member
Re: Need Help to force set the wpa password to 6 characters
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 08:33:23 PM »

According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Protected_Access) the passphrase length is between 8 and 63 characters, see below.  Can you reset your robot to use an 8 character passphrase?

Pre-shared key mode (PSK, also known as Personal mode) is designed for home and small office networks that don't require the complexity of an 802.1X authentication server. Each wireless network device encrypts the network traffic using a 256 bit key. This key may be entered either as a string of 64 hexadecimal digits, or as a passphrase of 8 to 63 printable ASCII characters.[4] If ASCII characters are used, the 256 bit key is calculated by applying the PBKDF2 key derivation function to the passphrase, using the SSID as the salt and 4096 iterations of HMAC-SHA1.[5]

bem2x

• Level 1 Member
Re: Need Help to force set the wpa password to 6 characters
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 10:28:26 PM »

I dont have a way to connect to the robot right now as the only way to connect to it is via wireless connection. So, i guess i need a new wireless module on the robot then. thanks for the info anyway..