• March 28, 2024, 03:11:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 492722 times)

diycam

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #225 on: September 13, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »

1-->>  IR illuminator control features. --

I have same problem with window reflecting IR,  Also... With enough background light from outdoor lights etc. the sensitive IR camera does not need an illuminator.

2-->> Add finer Motion Detection block selection.

If the Motion detection blocks were all just quartered ( 1/4) then that would give much greater tuning of motion detection  area.

**IDEALLY** : I would like to either add and slide detection blocks around into position or drop and  resize blocks rectangles or BEST.. free draw a line around the areas I want to detect motion (or block out). Define my own blocks/blobs. Example : One area that I am detecting outside a window has lots of foot traffic, objects,  bushes and trees. I want to detect  movement on near side of the trees, bushes and objects but not beyond or the other side. The camera field of view and large motion detection blocks prevents positioning camera optimally for this type of motion detection.

3-->> Auto camera light exposure settings ?

Like on the digital cameras that have auto exposure settings for {evaluative, spot, centered, etc..} because I am having trouble with bright areas changing over time in the image causing overexposure and the dark area being under exposed. I have tried many different Bright / Contrast / Saturation combinations to no avail however going to Night mode seems to help

4-->> More camera exposure settings options

Standard camera or Image style settings such as Color temp, Tint, Sharpness, etc ...

5-->> Magnification Image -- Panning ability ??

I assume magnification is digital ?  if so then would it be possible to have a pan image option while using the magnification buttons ? currently it magnifies just the center of image and you lose the outer edges that you may be more interested in. NOTE this is just image panning suggestion NOT a camera panning suggestion.

6-->> Add Automatic get time from a computer setting or use last known time ?

We get frequent power  fluctuations and the cameras reset their time dates to 1/1/2013 00:00:00. So the year is kept but month day and time all get reset to beginning and then I have to  go back and reset them. We have NO local NTP server setup and that port/service is  blocked by routers or firewalls

7-->> notification or  summary e-mail for accesses/attempts to camera

8-->> Motion detection indicator on the web interface to aid user in  adjusting the proper  sensitivity.

It is trial and error  currently  with frequent inundation with e-mail notifications

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #226 on: September 17, 2013, 05:14:59 AM »

1-->>  IR illuminator control features. --

I have same problem with window reflecting IR,  Also... With enough background light from outdoor lights etc. the sensitive IR camera does not need an illuminator.

Already on the list

2-->> Add finer Motion Detection block selection.

If the Motion detection blocks were all just quartered ( 1/4) then that would give much greater tuning of motion detection  area.

**IDEALLY** : I would like to either add and slide detection blocks around into position or drop and  resize blocks rectangles or BEST.. free draw a line around the areas I want to detect motion (or block out). Define my own blocks/blobs. Example : One area that I am detecting outside a window has lots of foot traffic, objects,  bushes and trees. I want to detect  movement on near side of the trees, bushes and objects but not beyond or the other side. The camera field of view and large motion detection blocks prevents positioning camera optimally for this type of motion detection.

Already on the list

3-->> Auto camera light exposure settings ?

Like on the digital cameras that have auto exposure settings for {evaluative, spot, centered, etc..} because I am having trouble with bright areas changing over time in the image causing overexposure and the dark area being under exposed. I have tried many different Bright / Contrast / Saturation combinations to no avail however going to Night mode seems to help

Added...

4-->> More camera exposure settings options

Standard camera or Image style settings such as Color temp, Tint, Sharpness, etc ...

Added...

5-->> Magnification Image -- Panning ability ??

I assume magnification is digital ?  if so then would it be possible to have a pan image option while using the magnification buttons ? currently it magnifies just the center of image and you lose the outer edges that you may be more interested in. NOTE this is just image panning suggestion NOT a camera panning suggestion.

Added...

6-->> Add Automatic get time from a computer setting or use last known time ?

We get frequent power  fluctuations and the cameras reset their time dates to 1/1/2013 00:00:00. So the year is kept but month day and time all get reset to beginning and then I have to  go back and reset them. We have NO local NTP server setup and that port/service is  blocked by routers or firewalls

Added...

7-->> notification or  summary e-mail for accesses/attempts to camera

added...

8-->> Motion detection indicator on the web interface to aid user in  adjusting the proper  sensitivity.

It is trial and error  currently  with frequent inundation with e-mail notifications

Already on list.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #227 on: September 17, 2013, 05:16:12 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Display full firmware version (including build) in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - Option to include thumbnail sized logo on corner of all screenshots
  • General - Reboot on a schedule
  • General - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • General - Digital image pan
  • General - SMB Support
  • General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - Track and display total uptime and total running time
  • Admin - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • Email/FTP - Ability to configure JPEG parameters for image quality
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Image/Video - Additional image settings (e.g. color, temperature, tint, Sharpness, etc.)
  • Image/Video - Auto light exposure option
  • Image/Video - Independent brightness settings for Day Mode and Night Mode
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • Security - User and admin password lengths are too short
  • Security - Email log of successful and unsucessful access attempts
  • Security - Support for WPA2 Enterprise (Radius)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table
  • Status - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • Status - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Time - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • Time - Retain "NTP Server Used" in memory
  • Time - Support for 24 hour time format
  • Time - Timezone changes should be immediately effective without a camera reboot (changes currently require a reboot)
  • Time - Use last known time following power failure
  • Time - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• General - Daylight savings time support [FIXED!]
  • General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner [FIXED!]
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:26:21 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2013, 05:02:23 AM »

Wishlist cleaned up...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2013, 05:02:33 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - Ability to upload to web/cloud storage (e.g. Amazon S3, Windows Azure, SkyDrive)
  • General - Add simple web UI page dedicated to viewing video via a web browser with ability to view video full-screen (albeit at a low resolution)
  • General - Add sound detection functionality with controls and scheduling similar to motion detection (see comprehensive description here)
  • General - Display full firmware version (including build) in upper right corner of all web interface pages
  • General - SMB Support
  • Email/FTP - Ability to independently specify different resolution for images sent via email versus FTP
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following a refresh (currently requires iterating through 3 pages and back)
  • Image/Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Image/Video - Additional image settings (e.g. color, temperature, tint, Sharpness, etc.)
  • Image/Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Image/Video - Digital image pan
  • Motion Detection - More detailed grid (i.e. smaller boxes) to improve motion detection area selection
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails (independent of video FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable the IR illuminators (for owners who use external IR illuminators and want avoid reflections off of glass surfaces)
  • Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode
  • Scheduling - Ability to schedule events with more granularity (e.g. schedule specific hours for each day and grouping weekday versus weekend schedules)
  • Scheduling - Camera start/shut-down on a schedule
  • Scheduling - Reboot on a schedule
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Add ability to enable/disable HTTPS port
  • Security - Add ability to save log files to track camera activity and troubleshoot issues
  • Security - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table
  • Status - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled, uptime, etc.)
  • Status - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • Status - Track and display total uptime and total running time
  • Time - Include "Update Now" button when the Synchronize NTP SErver" option is selected during time configuration
  • Time - Timezone changes should be immediately effective without a camera reboot (changes currently require a reboot)
  • [Bug] UPnP - When UPnP forwarding is disabled, the DCS-932L still creates UPnP ports on the host router (This creates potential conflicts with other services)

• General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message) [FIXED!]
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner [FIXED!]

LennartN

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2013, 08:48:45 AM »

I am missing one input from on of the earliest posts in this thread:
 -- prevent motion trigger when switching between Day and Night modes

I am also having this problem. I get false motion triggers each time the mode is switched implying that I only can use night mode. I think that the motion detection triggers should be surpressed when this happens.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #231 on: November 04, 2013, 04:40:18 AM »

I am missing one input from on of the earliest posts in this thread:
 -- prevent motion trigger when switching between Day and Night modes

I am also having this problem. I get false motion triggers each time the mode is switched implying that I only can use night mode. I think that the motion detection triggers should be surpressed when this happens.

This is already on the list:

"Night Mode - Option to temporarily disable motion detection during the transition between day/night mode"

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2013, 07:22:50 AM »

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support
  • Image/Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Image/Video - Audio and video RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Security - Add ability to modify non-admin user privileges (e.g. ability for user to enable/disable night mode and sound)
  • Security - When logged in, the Admin user account and mobile device account users do not display under "STATUS > Active User  > USER LIST" table
  • Status - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled, uptime, etc.)

• General - Timezone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time (see original post here)  [FIXED!]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2013, 10:23:47 AM »

By popular demand, I drafted the following FAQ post to describing the basics of an external IR illuminator: DCS Network Cameras - Improving Night Mode with an External IR Illuminator

If you have additional information that could improve upon this post or see any glaring errors, please let me know via PM and I'll make the appropriate changes.  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2013, 10:24:38 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

DCS-932L Wishlist

• General - SMB Support

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2013, 11:57:10 AM »

We added an FAQ post to to the "Network Camera FAQ" board describing the basics of an external IR illuminator: DCS Network Cameras - Improving Night Mode with an External IR Illuminator

If you have additional information that could improve upon the referenced FAQ post (above) or see any glaring errors, please let me know and I'll make the appropriate changes.  :)

mrgoddard

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #236 on: December 22, 2013, 07:06:20 PM »

Just bought 2 DCS-932L cameras and was surprised to find out that we cannot set motion-detection within a schedule.  Wow.  Forced to unplug the cameras when we are home to stop the detected motion emails.   

And what's worse is that this should be an easy code fix (yah "fix" I mean really this is not supported - what a joke) and its been on a "Wish List" for years now (I see complaints about this back to 2011 after Googling the issue.

If there's no plans to fix this now, then no choice but to send these back...  Any official comment from D-Link?  Any bootleg copy of the firmware that does this?

mrgclark

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #237 on: December 23, 2013, 10:42:37 AM »

If there's no plans to fix this now, then no choice but to send these back...  Any official comment from D-Link?  Any bootleg copy of the firmware that does this?

I think if there was any version (official or not) that had that feature, most of us would be using it. I would.

I also think that if you are able to send them back then you should do so. Partially because a message needs to be sent to D-Link that this performance is not acceptable. Mostly though, because I personally think that they are never going to do anything about it, so you should find something else.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #238 on: December 23, 2013, 02:21:26 PM »

Just bought 2 DCS-932L cameras and was surprised to find out that we cannot set motion-detection within a schedule.  Wow.  Forced to unplug the cameras when we are home to stop the detected motion emails.   
. . .

Motion detection on a schedule is something that is presently available on the DCS-931L/932L, which are the successors to the DCS-930L/932L. A number of items on this wishlist have made their way onto the newer models. There is no third party firmware that can replace official D-Link firmware.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #239 on: December 23, 2013, 02:23:21 PM »

I think if there was any version (official or not) that had that feature, most of us would be using it. I would.

Correct, there is no third party firmware that can replace official D-Link firmware.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20