• March 28, 2024, 11:04:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Will the IR trigger my 3rd-party PIR detector?  (Read 2614 times)

GMB

• Level 1 Member
Will the IR trigger my 3rd-party PIR detector?
« on: February 13, 2012, 07:46:44 AM »

I just bought and installed a 942L, had a couple of minor glitches, but overall I got it up and running pretty quickly, and so far I'm impressed.  I would like to use the night vision, but I'm concerned because I use a  security company as well and have a PIR detector in the house.  Optimally, I am going to aim the camera in the general direction of the PIR detector, but it's dawned on me that when the camera's IR comes on, the PIR detector might see that and go into alarm.  I could try it and see what happens but I'd rather not get a call from the security company.  Anyone have any experience with this?

I have a couple of other questions which I've seen touched on but I didn't see answers.  Sorry, should I start 3 separate threads?

First, the advertising had led me to believe there was a speaker built in to the camera, so a 2-way conversation would be possible without any additional hardware.  This does not appear to be the case.  Can someone confirm that there is no speaker?  What kind of speaker will work - does it need to be powered?  This will mean not only mounting the camera up near the ceiling but mounting a speaker as well?

Second, the advertising also says something about being able to view the camera video on an Android device.  I have a Kindle Fire, which I believe is an Android-based device, but I read on some posting that there is no application that will run on the Fire.  I know there's a mydlink lite for Android but I don't get the impression that will work on the Kindle Fire.

Thanks!