The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-895L

QoS Engine no longer appears

<< < (2/10) > >>

FurryNutz:
Betas are generally stable and do fix issues seen.
We are tracking a QoS issue with this model router and the 890L/880L currently since the QoS engines are of the same family.
I loaded the beta for mine and is much better. There still working on get all the bugs out of it.

You'll be fine to use the beta. If something does happen you can always go back to v1.00.  ;)

Peaty:
I'll give it a shot tonight then and report back.  I've downloaded the current firmware already just in case  ;)

FurryNutz:
 ;)

Peaty:
Well bugger!  I just did the flash to the beta version and when it finished successfully I was able to see the blocks again.  I closed the browser and opened it and now it's not there again :'(.  I'm not sure what's going on.  I also tried my other web browsers.  I thought it might be a plug in in FF so I started it in safe mode disabling all the plug in's. I also turned off Malware-bytes and avast  but still the same thing.  I haven't tried to access the page from my laptop that is hooked up via wifi, I wonder if that will help.

Everything else seems to be working just fine but it just bugs me this feature isn't is all.  One other thing I noticed, I wanted to back up my latest settings.  I did that when I first set up the router, so I know I can do it but for the life of me, like the QoS I can't seem to find the place on the page to do that.  Can someone let me know where it's supposed to be.  I thought I looked everywhere but might have missed it. 

Update:  I'm now logged into my laptop and the same thing, no QoS. I've tried the same web browsers too.  At some point this weekend I'll do a factory reset I guess and start from scratch.  Too many people using the wifi right now to mess with it anymore today.  I've annoyed them enough  for one day :)

Peaty:
I've just reset the router to factory settings and still no joy, I can't access the QoS Engine for the life of me.

I've tried:

Updating to the latest beta  firmware.  (after updating QoS showed up but after opening and closing FF browser it went away)

Accessing home page with all of my web browsers, FF (standard and Safe Mode with no plugins activated) , Chrome and IE
  I've tried on my wired PC, Wireless Laptop and Safari on my I pad

Power cycling the router

Resetting the router to factory settings and setting it up again

So far nothing I've done has worked. This is what the page looks like when I go to it, note, this screenshot was made prior to updating to the beta firmware:

While I hate to call tec support that's my next step I suppose. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version