• May 21, 2024, 04:41:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SharePort Ver 1.1.0 R1 Will not automatically connect for printing  (Read 14612 times)

jkpot

• Level 1 Member
Re: SharePort Ver 1.1.0 R1 Will not automatically connect for printing
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 06:12:19 PM »

Having same problem here on 1 of 3 laptops and cannot figure it out.   Two laptops do the auto-connect setup and operation just fine.  One is XP; one is Vista/64bit.  Third laptop (mine of course) also running Vista/64bit will not complete the setup for auto-connect.  It just  runs forever looking for printer driver.  I know driver is there and have even reloaded.   As long as I manually connect, prints fine.  I just woudl really like not to have to manually connect on this machine!

jkpot

• Level 1 Member
Re: SharePort Ver 1.1.0 R1 Will not automatically connect for printing
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 06:58:51 AM »

After many attempts, I've been able to resolve the issue and my pc finally completed the auto-print setup.  First, I left Shareport installed but not connected to printer.  I then totally removed the printer from my laptop.  Once the printer was gone, I then ran Shareport.  It recognized the printer (wirelessly) as usual.  Once it attached to the printer (wirelessly), I was going to add the printer (via the network printer option).  Once Shareport connected to the printer, my laptop added the printer.  Ran the auto-connect setup step and it found the driver this time.  Weird bit working great.  Good luck all!
Pages: 1 [2]