• April 30, 2024, 04:18:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-825 Sharepoint 1.1.0 not connecting to printer  (Read 20964 times)

iball

• Level 1 Member
DIR-825 Sharepoint 1.1.0 not connecting to printer
« on: August 06, 2009, 04:30:42 PM »

So i am using the dir-825 with 2.02NA firmware.  Im on my XP using Sharepoint 1.1.0. It sees my printer, but when i try connecting to it says "Connecting" for while and then goes back to the Available mode. 

I already tried to rebooting (set to factory) the router and redoing it, i also even reinstalled the software.  Any ideas?

alphanumeric

• Level 3 Member
Re: DIR-825 Sharepoint 1.1.0 not connecting to printer
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 04:19:35 PM »

Welcome to the "Shareport Debacle" club. It has a large membership and is growing every day as more and more people flash to the latest but not greatest firmware.

phajaly

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:27:56 AM »

I have the DIR 628 and been having the same issue from day One
Did all of the updates so I only have one more option is to box this one up and purchase a Linksys w/USB option, I know this one will work...

crashjib

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 10:01:08 PM »

Add 1 more to the list. Dir-825 Ver A1 Firm 1.12NA, After update plugged in printer And bammmm NOTHING. Bot even thumdrive will work anymore

BAV

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 10:12:19 PM »

First make sure your printer is supported by D-link .
Second after upgradinging the router firmware and downloading and installing the newest version of the shareport utility you must reboot your router without the usb to the printer being connected .
After rebooting fully you then need to plug in the usb and make sure the USB light on the router is fully lit.
Then you can go to the share port utility and try and connect . Hope this works for you because it was exactly what i did to get my DIR-825 to even see the printer connected to it.
BTW the the unsupported EPSON Stylus Photo RX580 works fine both scannng and printing.<4 computers connect just fine......for now :-\>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 10:14:15 PM by BAV »

maxal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:06:18 PM »

I have DIR-628 with the latest firmware (that was a bad idea to upgrade).

When I have problem connecting to the printer using Shareport, the same people reporting here, which happens almost every time I try to do it, I just reboot my router. This always helps, it's just very inconvenient, especially since there are other people in my familiy whom I cannot teach to do this.

Portland21

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 10:59:48 PM »

I've been studying msgs on SharePort since I got my DIR-825 last month--been experiencing the same issues.  I may have a PARTIAL fix.

Make of the following what you will:

DIR-825 Router Connected via Wireless
DIR-825 Hardware v A1
Firmware v 1.12NA
SharePort v 1.10 R1 SXUPTP Driver 3.3.4.0
Windows Vista (64-bit)

I, too, experienced connectivity to USB devices for a few hours to be followed by SharePort attempts to connect that result in devices seen, but not connected.

Out of curiosity, I logged into the router as Admin to inspect the logs; specifically, "Log Details".

Router Admin Application Interface:
"Status" Heading (Top Right)
"Logs" (Left Side)

Below "Log Options" is "Log Details"

To make for clean tests of starting and stopping SharePort, I "Cleared" the log and started SharePort (a Refresh of log would reveal the SharePort startup steps within the log).

The USB device CONNECTED after not being able to connect before with only a log clearing to explain it.

SharePort has been working for about 3 hours (NOT yet a conclusive test).  I'll monitor over the next few days.

The same answer to the following questions is, "I don't know".
1) Did merely logging into the Router Admin Interface "fix" the USB problem?
2) Did clearing the log "fix" the USB problem?
3) Will the fix hold permanently?
4) Will this fix work again on my computer/router?
5) Will this fix work on your computer/router?

If nothing else, if this procedure works for you or again for me, it represents a substitute for rebooting the router.

That's something.

Note: I am not aware of any "log out" feature in the Router Admin Interface.  I cleared ALL browser history and private inputs before closing the browser.  I then waited an hour or so for the router to timeout the session (I don't know the router's timeout limit), confirming this by attempting a direct read via the browser by using a URL other than the main menu (http://192.168.0.1).

For example, if the session remains open after the browser is closed, one can open a browser and bypass the main page by using any specific page URL, say, like this one:
http://192.168.0.1/Status/Device_Info.shtml

My point is that I confirmed the Router Admin session was closed and the SharePort feature continued to work.

I'll follow-up if I experience any changes.

Portland21

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 02:40:32 PM »

"Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"--it ain't called a fallacy for nothing.

After 18 hours, it's back to the weirdness.  SharePort sees the USB devices, but fails to complete connections.

Deleting the Admin Log was a fluke.

BAV

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 05:47:40 PM »

3 Days and still connected to the shareport with no problems , 2 laptops /vista 64 connected wireless and 2 hard wire lan connected desktop winxp/pro.
I have run multiple scans and prints from each computer .
Dir-825 rev b. ,Shareport 1.1.0 R1 <SXUPTP 3.3.4.0>, FIRMWARE 1.07

migstradamus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 08:47:51 AM »

Just adding my name to the club. Vista 32 bit, D-Link 825 with latest firmware (1.12NA at the moment) and latest version of Shareport (1.1.0 R1 (SXUPTP 3.3.4.0)). It works for a while after rebooting the router but soon simply stops. It does the same thing as reported above, saying the printer is 'available' and then trying to connect for a 15 seconds before quietly reverting to 'available' without connecting. No error message, nothing. Setting it to connect automatically to the printer has no effect, nor do any of the other settings. Rebooting computer or printer, no effect. Only rebooting the router.

Portland21

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 04:00:54 PM »

BAV's approach seems to have some merit.  See above:
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 10:12:19 PM »

I tried it on Sept 2, had to reboot the router the next day, but now approaching 3 days without failure.

Still watching . . .

joeburba

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »

It would appear that the DIR 825 is disabling the USB port.  I can reliably get it enabled, only by reloading the firmware (2.02NA) with all usb devices physically disconnected, followed by connecting the usb device (in my case a printer).  It stays enabled from 3 to 15 days, before it is disabled again.  There is about a 50% chance the 825 will disable the USB, if the printer is disconnected and reconnected.

Fortunately, it doesn't take too long to reload the firmware and reconnect the printer.  However, the usb failure is a clear bug and deserves to be addressed by D-Link either by repair or plan to repair. :-\
W7-64b, I7-920, 12 GB, DIR 825 RevB: 2.02NA

emod

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 07:09:32 PM »

Adding my name to the list.
I did notice that when I updated to the 1.13NA firmware and then loaded shareport 1.1.0 that I got a couple of good working weeks. I'll try the firmware reinstall trick and see if that does it.

** Tried clearing the log as someone above suggested and it WORKED! Looking forward to another couple weeks of being able to print.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 07:11:17 PM by emod »

venpermuta

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 07:58:50 AM »

I solved the problem by uninstalling shareport , and then I downloaded shareport again, instead of saving the program into my PC , I just clicked open,  then I extracted the winzip and it worked perfectly. I did this for both computers that I have in the network

MP3Butt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 10:54:15 AM »

I have shareport 3.0 with DIR-825.

The funny thing is that in my case it works with a wired connection, and it has the same problem of failing to connect with a wifi connection. do any friends here can give me some insights?

Thanks
MP3butt