• March 28, 2024, 03:13:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware 1.05 rises from the dead?  (Read 12458 times)

mnewcomb

• Level 1 Member
Firmware 1.05 rises from the dead?
« on: September 13, 2008, 08:38:42 AM »

Um, over a year since 1.04 and this is all the information you can tell us about the 1.05 firmware?

"Fix LAN/DHCP server IP reservation range mis-judge issue."

/fail

Guys, the WBR has some serious stability problems. If you could just admit it, we would feel much better...

I'm very nervous about trying 1.05 AGAIN. Especially since I had to time my reflash from the first 1.05 between the 5 minute reboots so it wouldn't brick...

Can some adventurous individual try it and let me know how it is?

cloon

• Level 2 Member
Re: Firmware 1.05 rises from the dead?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 01:37:35 PM »

I`ll try it now... 

I`m too desperate to get stability with this router to wait any longer...  ::)

cloon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:30:51 PM »

Firmware look good so far...

No reboot even if I`m doing some torrent.

Will try to let some wireless clients connected and check how it goes...

I think they nailed it this time :P   will add some more comments soon...

cloon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 03:02:26 PM »

The device did not reboot yet... keeping my  ;D

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 07:34:01 PM »

The device did not reboot yet... keeping my  ;D

HAHAHA... Could this one do the trick?

udauda

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 03:01:35 AM »

As soon as I upgraded to v1.05, I tried the automatic port-forwarding feature(app. rulz), which was the main cause of my disconnection problem. And guess what, the router hasn't been disconnected since!

:D This is it. ;D

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 08:35:16 PM »

Ok... I'll grab it and do the U/G over the weekend on my home router.

If I'm "Mr. Angry" on Monday, you'll know how it went...

;)

udauda

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 08:20:33 PM »

'Application Rules' works fine. However, keep in mind that it seems the router still disconnects on 'Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)' protocols. I hope it to be fixed on v1.06.

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 10:15:55 AM »

'Application Rules' works fine. However, keep in mind that it seems the router still disconnects on 'Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)' protocols. I hope it to be fixed on v1.06.

Just updated to 1.05 - I have UPnP enabled!

Been about 15 minutes since I finished configuring it.

DLINK - can you make sure that a firmware upgrade has an option link to a "restore saved setting" option?

This would be a real fantastic feature... the button on the upgrade firmware option does nothing except to start the load of the new bin file... the saved settings file is not loadable in the new release of firmware!

We'll see how long it takes to reset itself....

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »

Its been a couple of days now... no reboots.   :o

By the way, my log file is up to 10 pages.... it never got beyond 4 pages before a reboot before with 1.04, so this is better.

Looks like with 1.05 this is fixed!!!!

Thanks guys.

;D

fusch

• Level 1 Member
  • GO CANES!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 03:15:01 AM »

I installed firmware 1.05, but just like last time it was released I was unable to load my config file (.BIN) from the 1.04 version to the 1.05 version. I get the error message "CFG checksum error" with only option to continue.  >:(

I went back to 1.04 for now as I didn't have the time to write down and manually enter all the settings (wireless, DHCP reservations, port forwarding, DDNS, etc). Previous firmware upgrades have been able to upload config files from older firmwares. Any chance of having v1.05 being able to upload v1.04 config files or do I need to do it manually?  :-\
Any inanimate object, regardless of its position, configuration or purpose, may be expected to perform at any time in a totally unexpected manner for reasons that are either entirely obscure or else completely mysterious.
-Flap's Law

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 01:35:47 PM »

Any chance of having v1.05 being able to upload v1.04 config files or do I need to do it manually?  :-\

fusch: I agree 100%.

This is such an obvious feature that is missing...

DLINK: Any chance of this getting attended to?   ;)

rmoreno

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 08:29:51 PM »

As soon as I upgraded to v1.05, I tried the automatic port-forwarding feature(app. rulz), which was the main cause of my disconnection problem. And guess what, the router hasn't been disconnected since!

:D This is it. ;D

If the firmware of your router is lower than 1.04, you cannot upgrade straight to 1.05 or 1.05b15 based on my experience troubleshooting this router. If there's case that it accept it, that's fine. But most of the time it doesn't really work properly. Unless the router is already using 1.04, then it can be upgraded to higher version .

jonesb

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 05:16:56 AM »

In other nearby threads you will see that I reverted back from 1.05 to 1.04.  All things being equal, the wireless disconnected faster on 1.05 than 1.04.

Using designated IP addresses on the router set up, we are "enjoying" blocks of 12-days uninterrupted wireless using 1.04.  My next steps, once confirmed that it is indeed a 12-day cycle to quit (not really a quit; just that the remote PCs are unable to find the IP; wireless signal is still on) will be to designate a static IP address on one of the two PCs to see it that makes a difference; after that, fooling with the UPnP setup.

After that, MAYBE the Russian firmware or 1.05 again with the same settings that do it for 12 days now under 1.04.  I remain very leery of the Russian firmware - reinforced now in this thread by issues being experienced in flipping between firmware versions.

Isn't this fun .........................