• April 18, 2024, 04:14:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Owncloud com version and activation  (Read 5046 times)

davidr1

• Level 1 Member
Owncloud com version and activation
« on: March 17, 2018, 08:48:57 AM »

I have downloaded the com version of Owncloud and noted that a donation of no less than $2 was required for activation code. 

I have followed the  instructions for checking after payment has been made and no activation code.

Who can i speak to here to get this moving and activted?

Regards

David

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Owncloud com version and activation
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 08:59:19 AM »

You need to contact Owncloud. D-Link has nothing to do with them.

https://owncloud.com/contact/

davidr1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 09:14:50 AM »

No if you download the 3.01 version from here on the COM apps they when you upload the app from here http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua.

To activate the app you must pay a fee of no less than $2. 

I paid my $2 USD via the website and nothing.  NADDA.

The issue is not ownclouds but the dlink sharecenter paid for apps.  If I could upload the blood screenshots I would but I cant!

davidr1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 09:50:54 AM »

Ok Here is the link within DNS320L

https://www.dropbox.com/s/boq35o4y3nvqw3k/Untitled1.png?dl=0

Click on this link and it takes you to the following screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efrsjx04f57i99s/Untitled.png?dl=0

You can pay in Ru or via Paypal with an amount of no less than $2,  In the notes section of Paypal you have to put your user name  details in there. 

davidr1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 10:05:21 AM »

Share centre even mentions there are paid for and free apps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ze18z2tt72ph6e/Untitled2.png?dl=0

The password is blanked out. 

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 02:44:57 PM »

You need to contact Owncloud. D-Link has nothing to do with them.

yes, this is my own addon and it has nothing to do with D-Link.

I have followed the  instructions for checking after payment has been made and no activation code.

With me. What's the question?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:47:17 PM by vtverdohleb »
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php

davidr1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2018, 05:24:19 PM »

Thank you saw the 5stars under my user ID and I clicked on this and then it said I needed 85 days to pay for the app.  No problem as it was something I was after.  I have to say that this newer app is great.  Much faster than version 8 of the owncloud software which is free here.  Well worth the £1.48.   

The only thing is the original config.php file was copied over to the new installation which stopped the app from working.  I deleted the config.php file and let the software create a new config.php file.  Once that was done I was able to update the config.php file back to where I wanted it to be.  Just read the config.sample.php file for what bits you want to include in the admin profile to set up the rest. Note if you do that s yourself to others who ventured out on this app make sure you make backups of the config files and stores them where your know that they are safe.  I just created 1 folder for each file.  The other th8ng that has been mucked up is the MySQL has been replaced with sqlite3.  I just need to relink this to the config.php file.  Now considering I am a complete newbie to this I found this extremely easy to use even before version 9.0.2.2.  There is a further update to 9.04 I noted.

Thank you.

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 02:33:16 PM »

You focus on the fact that you paid for the add-on £ 1.48. BUT! 98% of the content of the site - free addons. All "COM" show serial numbers one year after publication.
http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/addon_com.php
Please use the free!
A 2% paid allows you to maintain the site. There will not be these 2% - the site will die and there will be nothing!
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version

davidr1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 06:16:08 AM »

I am not at all complaining that I had to pay £1.49 or $2 give or take.  I know owncloud is free but you cant use version 9 or 10 with the DNS320L.  therefore due to your hard work I was able to update to the most recent version and glad I did as the previous version was V8.0.2.  That stalls the DNS320L to nothing.  Even with the suggested config updates there was no improvement. 

However the most recent version that is on your site under the COM 3.01 is version 9.02.  You can upgrade to 9.04 he software states but it doesn't work.

I wished I had seen the paid for apps earlier as this would have saved me a lot more time. 

I have no problem paying for an app that is of a reasonable price.

My congrats to you on making this available. 

My only problem so far is that I am unable to get this to work with phpmyadmin.   You need to create a config folder in that software.  for the life of me I cant create a web folder.  that is for another thread I believe. 

Perhaps from an English speaking perspective the site could make it more comprehensive that A) all of the apps are free.  B) If you want the most up-to-date version of the software please visit our COM page.  All COM apps require a donation of no les than $...... Some of the older versions of COM apps are free  etc......

I am trying to help here by saying that I wholeheartedly recommend the COM apps.  The only thing that could be better is and why I made a post of this is that it wasn't clear how you obtained the serial number after the payment.  It was like  OK I paid my $2 what happens now? 

But please do not take this post as a criticism of the work that has been done by you.   I did not focus on £1.48.  In the UK I paid £23 for apps on my IPad that don't work with the DNS320L even though the IPad App Store said it would create the correct link to the ftp store.  Now guess which app I am not liking at all?  Not yours for certain. 

My post was not in any way or form meant to be a criticism.  Yeap glad 98% are free.  But they are very old in some cases.  If you want the older version fine.  If you want a near new version visit the COM page to have a look there.  If you want the most up-to-date version of the software then pay $2 or more.  Simples.

I though that is how all app stores work in iPad and google.   yours is no different in that is was a little harder to locate the paid for content if you are that like minded. 

Keep up the good work.  I wouldn't be able to do this. 

Thank you.   ;) 

(by the way $2/£1.49  is peanuts.  You can buy a loaf of bread for that amount of money.  you'd be stupid not to pay for it)

davidr1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 12:11:43 PM »

phpmyadmin issue solved after 10 days.   I  eventually created my config file in that software.  You need to create it in the 3.5.1.0 folder not outside it as the translation seems to suggest.

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 12:36:48 PM »

Thanks for the nice feedback about my work!
phpMyAdmin is in a separate add-on, it does not make sense to build it into the "owncloud" addon. Or I did not understand correctly what you were talking about.
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version