• April 17, 2024, 11:23:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Add-on "PlexMedia Server v.0.9.11.4." for D-Link NAS  (Read 135935 times)

samson41879

• Level 1 Member
Re: Add-on "PlexMedia Server v.0.9.11.4." for D-Link NAS
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2015, 07:57:06 AM »

Did you manage to make it work ?

I installed it with the app manager and the application is runned by root not plex user so i do not have any access problem ..

Unfortunatelly, NO...   :(

Can you please send me your plex server home page screen shoot?
I am still having "You do not have permission to access this server."

samson41879

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2015, 07:59:11 AM »

Dear all,

I have installed PLEX addon on DNS 320L and it runs OK but I have some problems with permissions...
On home page it says: "You do not have permission to access this server." (please see screen shoot)

Actually, the Plex Media Server is run by a special user plex who doesnt have access to the local shares by default.
Can you show me how can I give "plex" user access to all my folders on NAS? Or this is some other problem?

Thank you for answering!

Here is the basic instructions on how to install/get Plex working.
Download Plex.  Access your NAS by typing the IP address and login.  Go to Management then Application Management.  Look at the left column (in grey box) and click "Add Ons" then "Choose File" (box) and browse to find the Plex download and select it.  Then click "Apply".  You should see the blue circle (uploading/installing) and eventually a popup will ask for permission as it's not a recognised application - click yes and wait further.  Eventually the screen will refresh and show Plex as installed.  You need to click the green arrow to start it.  Then once the green arrow becomes red go to Applications at the top and look for Plex icon in the list "Enabled Add Ons" and click it.  On the next click "Launch Interface".

A new window will open for Plex.  You need to register (free) and then begin to add your content.  To do this simply click the +(plus sign) to the right of your NAS drive (top left) and follow the general options.

On my system Plex uses Port 32400 (which is standard for all I think)

I've only had issues when installing updates and to repair the issues I just remove the old and reboot the NAS the intall new - everything else seems straight forward.

HTH's

Thank you for your detailed explanation but I have done just as you have described here and repeated that again - but with no luck... Still having the same message on plex home screen: "You do not have permission to access this server."  :o 

samson41879

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2015, 12:25:27 PM »

I have finally managed to solve the issue - just restarted NAS to factory default setting, deleted all apps and again only install Plex application. Than it worked without problems...
Actually, I have also removed static IP and instead put DHCP option...

Thank you all for your help...

neorf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2015, 12:47:49 AM »

I've installed the latest plugin, everything seems fine... but when I try to add new folder as Movies or Tv Shows etc, i get: "Your changes could not be saved"...
How can I fix it?
Thanks

neorf

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2015, 07:26:30 AM »

I've installed the latest plugin, everything seems fine... but when I try to add new folder as Movies or Tv Shows etc, i get: "Your changes could not be saved"...
How can I fix it?
Thanks

neorf

It's probably (but don't quote me) to do with the "language" selection - whilst setting a media type the language will be blank and the dropdown arrow doesn't function

Eventually after closing the settings window (or plex) and retrying several times it will show up

HTH

scex

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2015, 01:14:08 AM »

For all problems like adding the folders and access to page cure is to wait. Install Plex on dns-320l restart nas and leave it couple hours. After some time all working like charm. Only one problem is when I use it with chromecast work normal without subtitles but when I choose subtitle its write that server is not strong to do something. Is there any cure for this? Minidlna work with no problems with or without subs.

tarkmiddy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2015, 01:55:37 AM »

Hey,

I'm running this version of Plex on my 320L however it says I need to update to 0.9.12.18 - Do we know when this will be available as I can no longer use Plex with the smartphone app because it needs updating,

Thanks

bobkeith

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2015, 02:13:50 AM »

Firstly, massive thank you to user vtverdohleb for posting this for the DNS-320L. I was beginning to consider the NAS as a bit of a fringe unit that might never see a Plex add-on.

The initial setup worked fine, though indexing took a long long time for my photo collection in particular (which as it turns out is a feature I can't even see myself using over plex.

Presumably after the add on is installed it is inadvisable to then upgrade from within the app?

My main question, however is as follows.

From time to time I will receive an error message trying to view a video that states

"This server is not powerful enough to convert video"

Is this purely a hardware restriction, or is there anything I can configure on the server that will make a difference here?

If it is a hardware restriction, would that mean the DNS-320L is a bit lightweight and if so what NAS drives are generally considered the best for home use that would minimise, or even eliminate this issue I'm seeing?

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2015, 02:26:15 AM »

From time to time I will receive an error message trying to view a video that states
"This server is not powerful enough to convert video"
Is this purely a hardware restriction, or is there anything I can configure on the server that will make a difference here?
If it is a hardware restriction, would that mean the DNS-320L is a bit lightweight and if so what NAS drives are generally considered the best for home use that would minimise, or even eliminate this issue I'm seeing?

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=61384.msg248377#msg248377
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php

gbdman1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2016, 12:47:20 PM »

Any news regarding the latest versions of plex and the compatibility of foreign subtitles? Anyone tried?

dagonas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2016, 01:10:03 AM »

Hi

Is there any method to update PLEX?

When I access the app, a message pops up warning about a Plex Update

vertmanx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2016, 05:59:58 AM »

I'm having issues with Plex 1.10 through 1.11. I had plex running fine on my D-Link 320L NAS device, and then suddenly when I tried to load Plex, I get a "Connection Refused" when trying to open Plex. It just happened suddenly one day and I can't get past it. Its also happening to only a couple other Add-Ons too like CouchPotato.

Why are my Add-Ons saying "Connection Refused" ? I tried reinstalling the add-on, restarting the nas, shutting down for hours and booting back on, all end with the same result. Connection Refused.

Could it possibly be from trying to update Python v2 but it actually failed and nothing showed up in the add-ons list. Could it have changed permissions? I feel like that was the only recent change i applied before it all started refusing the connection.

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

- VertmanX

gbdman1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2016, 01:51:47 AM »

Don't try to enter immidiatelly to the plex application after the installation. Wait a couple of minutes and then try again.
This is the main reason why you have the connection refused.

I have version 0.9.15 an its works great....apart from that i can't seem to able to make any foreign subtitles to work.

Anyone Anything on that?

verrwirung

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2016, 06:39:34 AM »

Installed plex media server add-on on my DNS-320l...asking for serial number to activate it so I donated to get serial number but have not received the serial number and can't launch the add-on.

malioml

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2016, 07:23:07 AM »

Installed plex media server add-on on my DNS-320l...asking for serial number to activate it so I donated to get serial number but have not received the serial number and can't launch the add-on.

same here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6