• April 24, 2024, 10:44:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 - no IP address anywere  (Read 3108 times)

moriturusse

• Level 1 Member
DNS-323 - no IP address anywere
« on: November 30, 2014, 07:25:40 AM »

Hi,
I've been using my DNS-323 for years now, but yesterday when I turned on my computer, it was gone. I didn't change any settings at all, but I can't see it's IP address with my rooter Web interface, neither with the Easy Search Utility, Windows explorer, CMD ping request, ANYTHING!!
I tried to reset with the button at the back (several times), nothing.
New ethernet cable, nothing.
Other rooter ports, nothing.
Direct connection with my computer, nothing.
The lights on the DNS are blinking on start or reboot and stabilize afterwards, but doesn't change anything at the end...

I read several post accross the Web and nothing seems to suit my problem, where should I look?

Thanks!

mdg

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-323 - no IP address anywere
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 10:23:02 PM »

I seem to have the same problem, lights all look good, both drives are up, LAN lights show a connection,  but the fixed IP address I assigned to it fails. It failed about 4 days ago.

I have two DNS 321s  attached to the same computer and they both work

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: DNS-323 - no IP address anywere
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 08:39:46 AM »

moriturusse,  A couple of things for you to try.

First of all what is the subnet your router DHCP settings on?  If it is not 192.168.0.xxx then your resetting the DNS-323 will not allow it to appear on your network.  If it is 192.168.1.xxx then you will need to either change your router to 192.168.0.xxx or change the settings on the DNS-323 as outlined in the manual - the subnets MUST be the same if the NAS is to appear on the network.

If you are using windows download a copy of NETSCAN by SoftPerfect (it is free and has both 32 and 64 bit exes in the zip).  Run it and have the start IP address as 192.168.0.1 and the end as 192.168.0.255.  That should find the DNS-323 if its network interface is working.