• March 18, 2024, 11:36:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Record 24 - 7 to SD-Card?  (Read 6948 times)

RecDNA

• Level 2 Member
Record 24 - 7 to SD-Card?
« on: August 18, 2020, 01:56:26 PM »

Is it possible for the DCS-5030L to record constantly with no trigger like motion or sound?  I used the DCS-932L with D-View Cam for constant recording but it died.  It is my understanding that the DCS-5030L won't work with D-View Cam but can I record constantly to a sd card or hard drive?  I don't want to depend on a trigger to start recording.  I need recording on a schedule like 9-5 or just 24-7.  I need some help? Thanks!

Mr.Mom

• Technical Engineer
  • Level 2 Member
Re: Record 24 - 7 to SD-Card?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 09:01:50 AM »

In the GUI of the DCS-5030L camera you would go to Setup at the top, then SD recording menu on the left. Check box Enable recording of video to SD card and then make sure Always is selected. This should be what your looking for.

RecDNA

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 09:55:55 AM »

Do you know if I can use D-View Cam on a Windows 10 computer to record?  That way I could set a schedule.

Mr.Mom

• Technical Engineer
  • Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 10:12:49 AM »

Looking at the list of supported cameras on the D-Viewcam support page does not show the DCS-5030L is supported. For cameras that the D-Viewcam software does support you can set up a schedule to always record.

RecDNA

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 10:17:19 AM »

Thanks!  Unfortunately none of the cameras  on the supported list  are still available.  D-Link has gone out of the real security cam biz
Now they only sell cameras that record for brief intervals when triggered by sound or movement.  They often miss the movements I need recorded like the postman drivi g by at the end of my long driveway.  Thanks again for your help.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 08:58:19 PM »

Thanks!  Unfortunately none of the cameras  on the supported list  are still available.  D-Link has gone out of the real security cam biz
Now they only sell cameras that record for brief intervals when triggered by sound or movement.  They often miss the movements I need recorded like the postman drivi g by at the end of my long driveway.  Thanks again for your help.

Why would you use a DCS-5030L to record at the end of your long driveway?

Are you using the camera to see if the mailman comes?  Why don't you put one of those yellow "flags" that pop up when the mailman opens the box.

RecDNA

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 05:57:35 AM »

There are many things I want  to see.  The postman was merely an example.  The 932L was much better for my needs with its narrower field of vision.  The 5030 is simply the last and only DLINK camera that can record constantly.

I have a ring doorbell but it misses almost every delivery from UPS or FedEx because they don't come to the stairs.  They throw package from behind bushes.  There are so many things my 932L recorded that my motion triggered cameras miss.  The only solution for me is a narrow angle (less than 60 degrees) constant recording camera that also has web view for instant viewing.  I can't find a single one

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 08:35:02 PM »

There are many things I want  to see.  The postman was merely an example.  The 932L was much better for my needs with its narrower field of vision.  The 5030 is simply the last and only DLINK camera that can record constantly.

I have a ring doorbell but it misses almost every delivery from UPS or FedEx because they don't come to the stairs.  They throw package from behind bushes.  There are so many things my 932L recorded that my motion triggered cameras miss.  The only solution for me is a narrow angle (less than 60 degrees) constant recording camera that also has web view for instant viewing.  I can't find a single one

THE DCS-4605EV can record constantly to SD card (I assume that's where you want?).  The digital zoom isn't bad since it is 5MP.  Its about $250 on newegg.com

You might want to looking into a NAS system and get a zoom box camera if you really need something tight.