• March 28, 2024, 12:32:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DCS-933L - Firmware v1.07b01 Comments & Observations  (Read 10764 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-933L - Firmware v1.07b01 Comments & Observations
« on: February 12, 2015, 09:12:10 AM »

D-Link posted DCS-933L firmware version 1.07b01, which can be downloaded here: DCS-933L  - Firmware v1.07b01 Download.

Please post your comments and observations as a reply to this thread.

:)  ;)  :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-933L - Firmware v1.07b01 Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 09:12:37 AM »

D-Link has not yet posted change notes for this latest firmware release.

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 07:08:38 AM »

Anything fixed in relation with my FTP folder creation problem for motion video???

Unbelievable they don't give information!!  >:( >:(

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 08:11:33 AM »

Firmware: 1.07b01 - Date: 2/4/2015

• [New Feature] New mydlink agent 2.0.18-b66
  • [Bug Fix] Fixed issue where device would not respond properly to portal commands under relay mode

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 08:40:12 AM »

Still not able to create folders on my Netger R7000 USB stick running as FTP server. FileZilla client is able to do this. But they did change the FTP test button in version 1.07. Now it's only making a JPG file. Not an empty current date folder. The test was failing with previous firmwares because of failing to create a current date folder. Now the FTP test is successful because it only creates a test JPG file. It's not checking a current date folder anymore.

Please communicate this with D-Link. I have a call number: -> D-Link Case Number 1285825

>:( >:( >:(

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 08:54:46 AM »

Sorry, they did not change the FTP test button. The "Create subfolder" at images to FTP server was switched off in my config. In that case the FTP test button is successful.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 09:57:35 AM »

Sorry, they did not change the FTP test button. The "Create subfolder" at images to FTP server was switched off in my config. In that case the FTP test button is successful.

I think we're all guilty of user error in one form or another! ;)
The changes in this firmware were globally released in a bunch of other models over the past couple of days, including the DCS-5010L/5020L/931L/933L.

lnaicpse

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 08:56:34 AM »

In my camera disappeared the event notification function from mydlink portal (email alert still works).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 04:39:09 AM »

In my camera disappeared the event notification function from mydlink portal (email alert still works).

Are other DCS-933L owners experiencing this same issue?

runner_bean

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 02:24:10 PM »

I have a brand new DCS933L which I upgraded to v1.07 before using.  Access using mydlink and the local interface is fine, and the camera delivers good live video to both my local PC and to phones and tablets.

BUT I cannot get motion detection to work properly.  The email 'Test' function delivers a snapshot every time, and setting email delivery to 'Always' consistently gives a snapshot or video every 5 minutes.  However selecting 'Motion Detect' for email delivery only gives an occasional video clip (no obvious pattern) and I have never been able to get it to deliver a photo or slide show.  I have changed sensitivity settings with no avail.  Is this function broken in v1.07?  Any assistance much appreciated as the product is useless without motion detect.

I am using a Windows 7 desktop with a BT Home Hub 2 router.

runner_bean

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 03:34:12 AM »

I have investigated this further and now think the problem is something to do with the sensitivity.  I am using 99% which I understand is very sensitive but normally get no Motion triggers.  However, this morning, a bright and sunny one, I got the camera to trigger with bright sunlight on my moving arm in front of  a dark background.  This was repeatable.  As was the failure (as before) to trigger with the sunlight blocked out and normal daylight on my moving arm.

I am in contact with D-Link Level 2 Support about this issue and have given them this information.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 05:52:30 AM »

I have investigated this further and now think the problem is something to do with the sensitivity.  I am using 99% which I understand is very sensitive but normally get no Motion triggers.  However, this morning, a bright and sunny one, I got the camera to trigger with bright sunlight on my moving arm in front of  a dark background.  This was repeatable.  As was the failure (as before) to trigger with the sunlight blocked out and normal daylight on my moving arm.

I am in contact with D-Link Level 2 Support about this issue and have given them this information.

Log into the DCS-933L web UI and navigate to SETUP > Image Setup > Enable Anti Flicker and check "Enable Anti Flicker". If the image is washed-out from the bright sun, using this option should normalize the ambient light level.

runner_bean

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 10:45:29 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion which I will try (away from my camera just now).  But I don't think the image is washed out - it's just quite high contrast - in fact very good.  Testing in more normal indoor conditions gives zero motion detects which surely is not correct.  D-Link are still working on the case.

dcs933Luser

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »

I have had the same problem with FW 1.04b1, 1.05, and now 1.07.  I have 3 cameras on same network.  One provides motion detection push notifications perfectly.  The other two do not.  I just tried increasing sensitivity to 100% on one of the cameras, but no change.  Below is my related post from a different thread on this forum...

Re: Motion detection not working with Firmware 1.05
« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:14:29 AM »
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove
Update on this problem...  I now have 3 cameras working on the same network.  All were running 1.04_b1 firmware.  One of the three sends motion detection push notifications just fine.  Other two do not.  I have checked carefully to make sure all settings are identical for all three cameras.  I get live video for all three on iphone and PC.  All three also work fine with my DNR-202L video recorder.  I just upgraded one of the (non-working) cameras to 1.07_b1 firmware.  No difference.  Still having problems.  Anyone else having this problem?

runner_bean

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 10:29:45 AM »

Thanks dcs933luser for your note.  Your experience is very hard to explain.  Have you tried getting support from DLink?  They have asked me to try using a static ip address rather than dhcp but I have yet to try this.

My problem seems to be one of sensitivity as a drastic change of contrast triggers motion detection but if old firmware has the same problem it's hard to iknow what is going on.  Could it be an obscure hardware problem?

Please keep this forum posted with anything you find, as will I.
Pages: [1] 2