• April 23, 2024, 12:47:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Signal and speed low!  (Read 4875 times)

Krob189

• Level 1 Member
Signal and speed low!
« on: February 19, 2009, 05:18:21 PM »

Alright fellas I got this router some time ago and now all of the sudden the range has gotten worse i cant even get signal in my living room which is like 25 feet from my room( which is where the router sits)

can someone tell me the best settins to use in the admin page?

arod

Re: Signal and speed low!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 02:22:11 PM »

Try selecting a different channel.. Try 1,6 or 11

KillerHurdz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 09:20:55 AM »

I tried this as I have the same issue (2/5 bars and .1 to .2 mbps) and it doesnt work for me at least.  My wired PC connected to the same router has 28mbps

chris_cesar

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 05:55:38 AM »

Try check if you have the latest firmware on your router. Your wired computer speed is extremely slow and that is not even half of the speed for wired connection.

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »

Alright fellas I got this router some time ago and now all of the sudden the range has gotten worse i cant even get signal in my living room which is like 25 feet from my room( which is where the router sits)

Get hold of some software that will display other wireless LAN's within range.

If you find one, use a channel OTHER than the one the other wireless LAN is using.

If you installed (or moved about in your residence) a new wireless device (i.e. atomic sync clock, cordless phone etc) recently, turn it off, then reset the 2310 and see what happens.