• March 28, 2024, 01:33:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Not sure what the word is for this problem - live video freezing  (Read 2004 times)

caraM

• Level 2 Member

If I knew what the word was for when the live video from my dog cam freezes, then kicks in and moves again, then freezes, then catches up, etc., I could search the forum to see if there's suggestions for improving it.  It's not buffering, I think  - is it "lag?"

Anyhoo - if you know what I'm talking about - are there previous posts about how to resolve this?  I have a sick dog I need to keep an eye on, and I don't see all of her movements - just chunks of them.

DCS-5009L with firmware v1.06.02
DIR-882 with fw current as of 4/28/18

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Not sure what the word is for this problem - live video freezing
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 08:03:10 PM »

If I knew what the word was for when the live video from my dog cam freezes, then kicks in and moves again, then freezes, then catches up, etc., I could search the forum to see if there's suggestions for improving it.  It's not buffering, I think  - is it "lag?"

Anyhoo - if you know what I'm talking about - are there previous posts about how to resolve this?  I have a sick dog I need to keep an eye on, and I don't see all of her movements - just chunks of them.

How are you viewing the camera?  Phone? Computer?  Wifi? At home? Or away from home?

IS the camera too far away from WiFi?

I have my DCS-2630L set to reboot once a week.    Try rebooting it and see if that helps.