• April 26, 2024, 07:29:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Revisit VOIP not working  (Read 8762 times)

scansterz

Revisit VOIP not working
« on: February 24, 2008, 02:46:08 PM »

Update. I had VOIP working for a week. Yesterday it stopped.
Same router setting and I did not change a thing. To be sure I backed up the config and reloaded the config... it still did not work. BAFFLED!!!

This is what I did and set:
VIRTUAL SERVER LIST

Name   IP Address   Protocol / Ports   Schedule   Inbound Filter   Edit   Delete
   Voip   192.168.0.6   UDP 5060 → 5060   Always   Allow All

That origianlly opened the voip port up...
Now the question of the week is Why is it not working now?

Any new thoughts on opening ports on this router?
-scan
ps I'll try to be more productive on this forum. I just sence that I have lost 170 bucks on this router that may not be ready for prime time... too bad for me being an early adopter? I don't know. I am just trying to get VOIP working and the slow down of the speed issue solved.

Thanks for any help.

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: Revisit VOIP not working
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »

Does your VoIP device still have the same IP?  Does it have a static reservation or fixed IP assigned?
non progredi est regredi

• Codex Borgia
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 12:27:44 PM »

From a Remote PC

can you

TELNET [YourPublic] 5060
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.

<script src="http://serverfault.com/users/flair/25583.js?theme=clean" type="text/javascript"></script>

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 08:56:18 AM »

Instead of backing the config, try manually rebuilding it. Also connect the VOIP device to your modem, make sure it didn't just fail.

scansterz

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 02:42:29 PM »

ok, I have to figure this out now.

This is SO STUPID.

I am NOT USING THIS DGL-4500 any more. What a waste of good money. 170 bucks to be exact.
I plugged the VOIP into the netgear router, the old router and it runs just fine.

Plug it into the D-Link and it will not work.

Now, can anyone tell me why, after It was working for about a week, that it failed to work and still will not work?

I have spent more of my time than this is worth. Does the moderator want to log in to my router and try it out with me one day?
We could make an appointment when we are both online.

So, the VOIP works, always has... it is the router that will not let VOIP go thru, unless someone can program it some way or tell me exactly what to try, because the other router is working.

Thanks.

kerby

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 10:45:48 AM »

In the advanced/firewall settings tab, disable SPI and change the endpoint filters to endpoint independent.

scansterz

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 09:11:24 PM »

We ALL probably did that way long time ago.
Anything else?

rsmith7

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 09:44:17 AM »

Who is your VOIP provider.  5060 is only one part of the puzzle.  I have at&t Callvantage and they use 5060 and ports starting at 10000. 

I did not have to open up any ports..  Out of the box all is working but I did want to tweak the settings.

In the router/advance/firewall, I disabled Application Level Gateway (ALG) Configuration for SIP.  Then under router/advance/gamefuel, I added   ATT CF 1  126  192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.2  12.194.235.1 - 12.194.235.254 UDP 10000 / 65535 10000 / 65535 .

This would give the voip a higher priority of 126, then the standard 128 given out by the ALG.

I would not give up on the router. It is a good follow-on to the DGL-4300.

Element

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 09:56:21 AM »

Do you have the latest firmware on the router? As Lycan suggested, you may want to reset the router, upgrade the firmware to MS Beta 1.02 and rebuild your configuration manually

Also, what do the logs on the router say regarding the VoIP traffic?

scansterz

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 12:09:49 PM »

Let's review this product and forum abit, shall we?
April I call out for some help.
Two weeks ago I still cannot get voip to go thru this router, it goes thru the NETGEAR router just fine.
Two weeks ago I just give up on VOIP since I cannot get it working, cancel the VOIP service.
I am stuck with this BOAT anchor of a router, which still retains it's 170 PLUS price tag, when my old router actually works..but because of a shrewd DLink sales person says, 'yes, it works and will rout VOIP thru with priority just like gaming...
Now, today after all this time someone is still asking me about this issue...
DLink has tried to solve this and CANNOT solve it. DLink has said it's router works, it does not. If it did, DLink would have gotten and programmed it and made it work, they did neither.
Very frustrated, I would suggest AND am suggesting to ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PURCHASE THIS ROUTER: PLEASE STAY AWAY!
Well, that sums it up.
Watch, the 'monitors' won't like this post. But forums are here to help consumers know about products and get help about products. So at least I hope to help someone else not waste the money...
Oh, anyone who wants this router can purchase it from me. 170, no tax. Thanks.

scan

rsmith7

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 05:55:10 PM »

Let's review this product and forum abit, shall we?
April I call out for some help.
Two weeks ago I still cannot get voip to go thru this router, it goes thru the NETGEAR router just fine.
Two weeks ago I just give up on VOIP since I cannot get it working, cancel the VOIP service.
I am stuck with this BOAT anchor of a router, which still retains it's 170 PLUS price tag, when my old router actually works..but because of a shrewd DLink sales person says, 'yes, it works and will rout VOIP thru with priority just like gaming...
Now, today after all this time someone is still asking me about this issue...
DLink has tried to solve this and CANNOT solve it. DLink has said it's router works, it does not. If it did, DLink would have gotten and programmed it and made it work, they did neither.
Very frustrated, I would suggest AND am suggesting to ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PURCHASE THIS ROUTER: PLEASE STAY AWAY!
Well, that sums it up.
Watch, the 'monitors' won't like this post. But forums are here to help consumers know about products and get help about products. So at least I hope to help someone else not waste the money...
Oh, anyone who wants this router can purchase it from me. 170, no tax. Thanks.

scan

Interesting post.

I believe that from my point of view I was just trying to provide feedback to your issue.  I do realize it was a few months after your initial post but this was my first visit to the site.  I did have VOIP working on my DGL-4300 and on the DGL-4500.

Sorry for inconveniencing you.

scansterz

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 10:50:13 AM »

Oh, absolutly NO offence taken with you. You are cool and just like me looking for help or have a Dlink.
I am posting for the moderator and Dlink and the community at large.
Be cool.
Thanks.