• April 24, 2024, 03:25:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: About to upgrade firmware to 1.03, does mail notification work with it?  (Read 5468 times)

csack

• Level 1 Member

My 931L is running 1.0 and after two weeks of trouble free operation, since two days ago is now having constant losses of connection during the day. LED stays green, but neither mobile apps nor mydlink site can access it; either it shows it up but can't connect, or all out shows it to be offline. Decided to upgrade firmware to see if this is solved, but the warning on the site about how 1.03 broke mail notification gives me pause. A new warning states:

The event notification function has been restored in the latest firmware update for the following cameras:
•DCS-930L: v1.11
•DCS-932L: v1.09
•DCS-933L: v1.04

But 931L is not there. Anyone who has upgraded to 1.03 can tell me if mail notification does work at all?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

If you upgrade to FW version 1.03 the event notification will no longer work. A fix has not yet been released for the DCS-931L. The fix for the DCS-933L (FW v1.04) was only posted two days ago.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

csack

• Level 1 Member

Thanks for the answer, just as I was fearing. Luckily the cam has worked flawlessly for two days now so I guess I'll hold on the upgrade until a new patch arrives.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

D-Link released DCS-931L firmware version 1.04b01 that addresses email notifications:
DCS-931L - Firmware v1.04b01 Comments & Observations

csack

• Level 1 Member

Just in time... as it is, cam has been acting up again last two days, both mydlink site and Android/iOS apps claiming it to be offline while it is on. Only a turn off-on remedies this. I'll be upgrading firmware and see what happens.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Just in time... as it is, cam has been acting up again last two days, both mydlink site and Android/iOS apps claiming it to be offline while it is on. Only a turn off-on remedies this. I'll be upgrading firmware and see what happens.

Please post your results in the Comments & Observations thread!  ;)