• March 29, 2024, 12:34:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: mydlink Security Certificate errors  (Read 12467 times)

MichaelH1

• Level 2 Member
mydlink Security Certificate errors
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:32:45 AM »

Hi all.  Does anyone have security certificate errors during the connection to your camera from mydlink?

I'm using Firefox 26.0 on Windows 7 and when I try to connect to any of my cameras I get a bunch of security certificate errors (also has happened on earlier versions of Firefox and mydlink):

First, a security warning saying the mydlink plugin is from an Unknown Publisher.

Then, another security warning warning about the Unknown Publisher.

Does anyone know what is causing this, and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Mike

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: mydlink Security Certificate errors
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:03:12 AM »

If you click on the small icon to the left of the URL there's an option to "Always allow...". You can also add unknown publishers to the trusted list.

BTW - the images you linked to are not working. The URL you provided is referencing a local directory on your LAN. You need to store the images on a third party image sharing site and then reference the online address of the stored image. This forum does not support the uploading of images to the forum server.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:04:48 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

MichaelH1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 02:00:12 PM »

Thanks for your quick reply, JavaLawyer!

But when I click on the binocular-looking icon to the left of the URL it says "Allow www.mydlink.com to run plugins", and for both questions "Java Deployment Toolkit" and "Java Platform SE 7 U" the answer is set to "Allow and Remember". 

Why is the publisher Unknown?  Shouldn't Dlink be setting it properly?  I don't have this issue with any other websites.

You suggest to add unknown publishers to the trusted list.  Wouldn't this open up a security exposure on my system?  Do you know how this is added on Firefox?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 06:12:53 PM »

Thanks for your quick reply, JavaLawyer!

But when I click on the binocular-looking icon to the left of the URL it says "Allow www.mydlink.com to run plugins", and for both questions "Java Deployment Toolkit" and "Java Platform SE 7 U" the answer is set to "Allow and Remember". 

You suggest to add unknown publishers to the trusted list.  Wouldn't this open up a security exposure on my system?  Do you know how this is added on Firefox?

I didn't suggest adding unknown publishers to the trusted list, but was simply pointing out the function on Firefox. Adding any unknown publishers is left to your own discretion.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC