• March 28, 2024, 09:28:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: DCS-932L - Firmware v1.07b02 - Comments & Observations  (Read 34620 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932L - Firmware v1.07b02 - Comments & Observations
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2014, 05:43:26 AM »

so the build date of the patched version is the same build date at the original version. I get it now.... :D

I would focus on the installed version number rather than the date.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

DryBnz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2014, 10:06:10 AM »

So how will you know which version of 1.07 you have installed if there are multiple versions With the same build date and version number? This doesn't make sense. I'm done with this nonsense.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2014, 10:33:19 AM »

So how will you know which version of 1.07 you have installed if there are multiple versions With the same build date and version number? This doesn't make sense. I'm done with this nonsense.

There is only one v1.07 marked for ww distribution with multiple download locations available to obtain the file.
If you know of multiple versions, please provide the download locations.

RunnerSMH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 09:18:06 AM »

The dates on the support site "may" be the dates the files were posted on the website (not sure). The date that you see after you install the firmware is the build date (i.e. date the code was compiled), which is unrelated to when it was posted.

I think something else is going on here as I again experienced issues with the cam yesterday, at which point I did a factory reset. The firmware, however, still reads as v1.07, which doesn't make sense as the camera was purchased in January 2012.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 09:21:33 AM »

I think something else is going on here as I again experienced issues with the cam yesterday, at which point I did a factory reset. The firmware, however, still reads as v1.07, which doesn't make sense as the camera was purchased in January 2012.

The factory reset procedure purges all user settings, but does not impact the currently installed firmware version (i.e. these cameras do not store factory installed FW in ROM memory)

RunnerSMH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 09:28:54 AM »

The factory reset procedure purges all user settings, but does not impact the currently installed firmware version (i.e. these cameras do not store factory installed FW in ROM memory)

Good to know, thanks.

I'm having connection issues, both on the smartphone and the laptop. Same issues that lead me to upgrade the firmware, but they still persist. Odd thing is that these issues have only cropped up in the past week. Same wifi, same placement in the house, nothing has changed except the cam's performance.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 10:05:24 AM »

Good to know, thanks.

I'm having connection issues, both on the smartphone and the laptop. Same issues that lead me to upgrade the firmware, but they still persist. Odd thing is that these issues have only cropped up in the past week. Same wifi, same placement in the house, nothing has changed except the cam's performance.

On your laptop, do these issues present themselves while connected to the web UI (on the same LAN as the camera) or only through mydlink?

RunnerSMH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2014, 10:36:32 AM »

On your laptop, do these issues present themselves while connected to the web UI (on the same LAN as the camera) or only through mydlink?

Both, whether wired or wireless.

Do you suspect something?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 10:51:46 AM »

I presume the router and DCS-932L are set to DHCP? You may want to try reserving an IP address in the router (a good practice even if the camera was working properly). Also, for good measure, did you try changing channels on the router? Do you live in an area with significant wireless network congestion?

DCS Network Cameras - Should I Use DHCP, Static IP, or Reserved IP Address?
Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information (see included thread

RunnerSMH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 12:28:20 PM »

I presume the router and DCS-932L are set to DHCP? You may want to try reserving an IP address in the router (a good practice even if the camera was working properly). Also, for good measure, did you try changing channels on the router? Do you live in an area with significant wireless network congestion?

DCS Network Cameras - Should I Use DHCP, Static IP, or Reserved IP Address?
Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information (see included thread

Just spent the past hour on the phone with Verizon FIOS tech support to assign the 932L its own IP addy. Still no joy as the connection remains unstable via mydlink and the web UI. I'm wondering if the server inside the webcam is going bad.

Bah.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2014, 12:33:52 PM »

Just spent the past hour on the phone with Verizon FIOS tech support to assign the 932L its own IP addy. Still no joy as the connection remains unstable via mydlink and the web UI. I'm wondering if the server inside the webcam is going bad.

Bah.

Forget about Internet access for a while and let's see if we can get this working in your LAN first. Assign a reserved IP address to the DCS-932L through your router.  See if you can maintain a persistent connection to the camera in your LAN. . . You shouldn't have any issue leaving an open connection to the LIVE VIDEO page in the web UI in a browser on a PC within your LAN. Also, try moving the camera closer to the router to ensure the wireless signal is strong (ruling out other factors).  The router should contain a status page indicating the signal strength of connected devices.

RunnerSMH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2014, 01:20:09 PM »

Forget about Internet access for a while and let's see if we can get this working in your LAN first. Assign a reserved IP address to the DCS-932L through your router.  See if you can maintain a persistent connection to the camera in your LAN. . . You shouldn't have any issue leaving an open connection to the LIVE VIDEO page in the web UI in a browser on a PC within your LAN. Also, try moving the camera closer to the router to ensure the wireless signal is strong (ruling out other factors).  The router should contain a status page indicating the signal strength of connected devices.

Right, so I've managed to maintain a persistent connection to it by assigning it a Static IP address, Primary and Secondary DNS and by selecting 'Infrastructure' as the network type.

Trouble is that I'm now ONLY able to access said connection via the the 'Local' on mydlink's app on my phone. If I go through www.mydlink.com, I'm told that I have no devices on my account.

So, how do I add a device to the 'Remote' portion of the mydlink app?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2014, 01:31:58 PM »

Right, so I've managed to maintain a persistent connection to it by assigning it a Static IP address, Primary and Secondary DNS and by selecting 'Infrastructure' as the network type.

Trouble is that I'm now ONLY able to access said connection via the the 'Local' on mydlink's app on my phone. If I go through www.mydlink.com, I'm told that I have no devices on my account.

So, how do I add a device to the 'Remote' portion of the mydlink app?

You need to run the Setup Wizard application again to add the device to your mydlink account.  There's no other way to add the device.

RunnerSMH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2014, 02:34:32 PM »

1 hour, 6 mins into tech support and I've been kicked to level 2 support.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2014, 03:10:29 PM »

1 hour, 6 mins into tech support and I've been kicked to level 2 support.

Did you run the Setup Wizard again?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4