• March 28, 2024, 03:14:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: FTP server - DIR 882  (Read 26946 times)

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
FTP server - DIR 882
« on: January 08, 2020, 03:29:24 PM »

Hello!

I'm trying to create a FTP server. But when I try to map the network drive. It seams that it is not detected.

Can somebody help me, pls?

I'm getting very frustrated...

Thx!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 06:31:50 PM by cejoos »

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
Re: FTP server - DIR 882
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 04:27:18 AM »

Well???

If I don't have a replay I will do the same that I did with TP-LINK... Return it to the vendor and buy another Router...

Best Regards,

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 06:45:32 AM »

If you need immediate help, contact tech support. This forum is community help, not official D-Link support. 

Click here for tech support in your region - http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=73827.0

If you are using Windows 10, you will need to enable SMB 1.

FAQ - How to enable SMB 1 on WIndows 10

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 07:19:53 AM »

Thank you!

I tried to contact tech support. But they aren't available...

I tried you solution without success.

I restarted the computer, but when I try to map \\192.168.100.1\USB. Windows give the message that: Windows cannot access the IP.

Please help me.

Thank you!

me_iauras

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 07:55:27 AM »

First of all why are you mapping 192.168.100.1  ? Is that your router's IP address or that was the IP in a guide you found on the internet ?
Second you first must allow your user access to the drive ; Management>User  click on the Edit option and in the Samba/FTP sections choose Read/Write access type and for the "Folder" option choose Browse and go to the root of the drive ( it will list the path in the associated field ) .
With the correct rights assigned and the correct path listed you should be able to map your network drive ( or FTP site if that's your preferred option )   
https://imgur.com/a/2JAUQUC
You shouldn't however expect wonders from the SMB share capabilities of the router ; most owners get only ~7 MB/s write speed to the USB HDD (read speeds are however better) and only sometimes ( non reproductible conditions , random ) roughly 20-27 MB/s write speeds .
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 07:59:34 AM by me_iauras »

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2020, 08:20:56 AM »

192.168.100.1 was the IP that wizard gave me. I didn't change it.

I did all what you told me. Without results...

I'm just able to do it if I map it and use a FTP client, as Filezila. But I'm not able when is done in Explorer. Windows doesn't recognize this shared USB.

I did the same procedure with TP LINK router, with success. Somebody can help me please?

Please see video below:

https://imgur.com/a/9sOtJEr

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:57:54 AM by cejoos »

me_iauras

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 11:57:07 AM »

Sorry about the IP ( I used from the beginning a whole different subnet and I assumed that it would be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 like most all other consumer routers out there ) ; if that is indeed the default router IP then it's OK .
What is not OK however is the path you're trying to map ; the path should be \\<IP>\<name_of_device> ( in your case that would be PNY_USB_32301 ) ; since it seems that you have another issue and cannot assign the necessary rights to the test user ( maybe a full reset would help but that is another story) whan trying to map the drive you should use the admin account as that has by default read/write access on the drive .
You can check if the share is accessible by writing just \\<router_IP> in the address bar in windows explorer and the name of the drive should appear (after you input the correct user/password ... admin as previously recommended) ; you should have the same result with \\<dlinkrouter.local> as that hostname is resolved by the router to it's own IP .
https://imgur.com/a/b1hkjHH
You can directly map that device name by right clicking on it and choosing  "Map network drive" ; you can also map the drive using FTP by right clicking  "This PC" in Windows Explorer and choosing the "Add a network location" option . In the field you can input a SMB path or an FTP path (there are examples provided for each option ) .
Regarding the issue with being unable to give the test user the correct rights it might be related to an issue discussed in another thread ; due to a bug if the password you've put in for the test user has fewer characters than the previously created user ( admin in your particular case ) then the password for the new user is lengthened to match the number of characters of the one before and the missing characters added are the ones in the admin's password which were extra ( for example if admin has pw: 123456 and test has pw: abc the router would modify the test user pw to : abc456 ) .
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:01:42 PM by me_iauras »

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 12:19:08 PM »

Hello!

Thank for the replay.

I tested what you told me without success...

Video above:

https://imgur.com/a9L0R2o

But I found a link in my network that take me to the USB.

But I still can't map a drive to this USB.

I changed the user test as you orientation, without success. I tried user: admin and PW: 123456.

In the video below, I changes again to other user and pw, because I can't high the information in the video.

What more can I do?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:25:28 PM by cejoos »

me_iauras

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2020, 12:48:45 PM »

It would help me to see the errors you get when trying to map the drive from windows explorer with the admin account  and to see also from the network neighborhood what error you're getting  ( I think you've stated somewhere that you already enabled SMB v1.0 support in your win 10 machine but in case I'm remembering wrong please do that before as without it it will never work ).
Does the drive show up in network by using just the IP or dlinkrouter.local at least ?

L.E. when you have the time to do the whole setup from scratch I would try to do a factory reset and reconfigure by hand ( not reloading a backed up settings file); if that doesn't work maybe even rewriting the whole firmware in recovery to make sure nothing from a previous installation is messing things up .
Personally I use most features besides USB share ( I have a dedicated NAS for this purpose but I would like to have a working feature as I payed for a functioning router ) and also don't use QoS ( don't really need it since I have enough bandwidth for clients and even under load it doesn't suffer from bufferbloat ) but that feature also has some serious issues according to some users ( it really shouldn't interfere in any way but with this router who knows )
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 01:00:21 PM by me_iauras »

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 12:57:03 PM »

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

RIGHT PATCH: \\dlinkrouter.local\PNY_USB_32301

My try was in your tip:

Does the drive show up in network by using just the IP od dlinkrouter.local at least ?

Thank yoy very much for your help and patience!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

me_iauras

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2020, 01:35:29 PM »

Glad I could help ; however if it worked with \\dlinkrouter.local\PNY_USB_32301 but not with \\192.168.100.1\PNY_USB_32301 then something is very strange or the router's IP isn't really 192.168.100.1 .
Anyhoo glad it's working for you .

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2020, 01:38:27 PM »

Yes. I agree with you...

Maybe if a change the router IP, it works with the IP number.. But first I'll continue with this setup.

Thank you!

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2020, 01:43:12 PM »

If your router is 192.168.100.1, then you are most likely behind a modem/router combo (or another router). D-Link will default to 192.168.100.1 if the WAN/Internet side is getting 192.168.0.xxx which indicates another router. If you plan on accessing the files on the drive connected to the router from the outside, you may have trouble since it is double-NAT.

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2020, 04:35:44 PM »

If your router is 192.168.100.1, then you are most likely behind a modem/router combo (or another router). D-Link will default to 192.168.100.1 if the WAN/Internet side is getting 192.168.0.xxx which indicates another router. If you plan on accessing the files on the drive connected to the router from the outside, you may have trouble since it is double-NAT.

Ok And what do you suggest?

Thank you!

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2020, 04:40:24 PM »

Glad I could help ; however if it worked with \\dlinkrouter.local\PNY_USB_32301 but not with \\192.168.100.1\PNY_USB_32301 then something is very strange or the router's IP isn't really 192.168.100.1 .
Anyhoo glad it's working for you .

You will not believe...

It stopped to access the USB again... I'm starting to thing that this router it's with some bug... To try to correct the problem I changed the router IP to 192.168.1.1. But it doesn't connect anymore...

When I run the Troubleshooter is says: The remote device or resource won't accept the connection.

:'( :'( :'(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6