The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > Other D-Link Products

Urgent help required! 4G Router

(1/1)

tonythai:
Hi to all,

apologies i really need help asap, and your help is highly appreciated. can you please kindly help as this is critical to help a sick old person that I monitor.
I have this router (DWR-921 as backup wiuth a prepaid SIM).
I want this to work only when i have fail in main dsl - so that means the SIM which is prepaid can be 1-2-3 -5 months not payed with DATA so the internet pm this router is DISCONNECTED.

What i try to do is, when i add money ( and enable the data remotely) the router to periodically try to connect (when i have fail and can;t see the cameras monitoring my uncle, skyping him etc).

Now the 4G router when is DISCONNECTED from 4G stays there for ever!!!

so even if i have fail in DSL, to work the 4G as backup (i have another failover system - this router is only as 4G), the router NEVER connects when i add money in the prepaid, unless if somebody manually connects and press CONNECT through web (or restart the router manually).
It stays RED (disconnected) despite the SIM now has internet...

As I have the system on surveilance for an old person, and I go tomorrow can you please let me know if there is way to configure the router to try to connect every X time so even if it fails, it will try to connect agan later??? Its critical for this.. so it can try every 2-3 hrs and if it will find internet yes it will start.

Dont worry for the failover part, its done.. The important / question / issue is how i can configure this 4G router (DWR-921) to try to connect periodically for ever..even if it can;t connect, try later, later etc.

now it just waits for ever - does never attempt to reconnect.. so if after 1-2-5 months i add money on the sim, i need somebody go there, connect to web and press CONNECT or power it down and up which is impossobie.

Hundreds of thanks
Tony

FurryNutz:
I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this.
Link> Tech Support Contact Information
We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version