• April 23, 2024, 05:46:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Calling d-link technical support -------> annoying announcements & long waits.  (Read 2769 times)

MacUser

• Level 3 Member

When calling technical support there are long waits on hold, 15 to 75 minutes.  That's perhaps tolerable, but the male announcer's incessant non-stop repetitive talking on how wonderful is d-link and their products is difficult to stomach.  Real torture.  Non-stop, loud, repetitive.

If anyone here has some control over tech support and the d-link corporation, please have them modify the on-hold experience.

1.  Have the announcer take pauses and have no talking.  The music on hold is sufficient.  His non-stop relentless talking makes one want to hang up.

2.  Have the announcer stop praising d-link and tech support.   The long waits on hold tell the consumer that others think these cameras are not as simple as d-link alleges/asserts.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:05:44 PM by MacUser »

Nostromo

• Level 1 Member

1. I think they want you to hang up.

2. These cameras are particularly complex and annoying to the point I once had all of mine in arms headed to the trash can.

MacUser

• Level 3 Member

1. I think they want you to hang up.

2. These cameras are particularly complex and annoying to the point I once had all of mine in arms headed to the trash can.

D-link could improve them by changing their software into two sections:  Beginner and advanced.   Many things in the setup could be worded much better.  There are many other suggestions for improvement, but when one talks to their tech support, seemingly only in the PH (at least Tier One) they are not interested in product improvements.

I almost stopped using these cameras because of the poor tech support, annoying repetitive announcements during long waits on hold, etc.  Main reason I continued was to have all cameras on the same app or website.   Also, one can see complaints about all webcams and one doesn't want to go "from the frying pan into the fire".
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:31:10 AM by MacUser »